Any One Have Any Idea About This Minoxidil Regimen?

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctor said to apply it only at night for 10 days everyday then cut it to three times per week like Monday, Wednesday and Friday then Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday etc. Will it have the same desired effect or should I just use the standard regimen, twice per day everyday?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will certainly have less affect. Even just using once a day is proven to be slightly worse than twice a day. (There's a study showing this).

You should ask your doctor why he said this. It will still do something but definitely won't be as effective.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will certainly have less affect. Even just using once a day is proven to be slightly worse than twice a day. (There's a study showing this).

You should ask your doctor why he said this. It will still do something but definitely won't be as effective.
Okay, I will try to contact her and ask why she recommended that regimen. One more thing I'd like to ask, is there any chance to test Minoxidil on my other body part to see if it will be effective? Or should I ask, how can I test it to see if there will be an initial shedding (some people say it's good, some say it's not) as my hair is quite thin already by genetics, always has and I am not sure if I can afford to shed excessively.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I will try to contact her and ask why she recommended that regimen. One more thing I'd like to ask, is there any chance to test Minoxidil on my other body part to see if it will be effective? Or should I ask, how can I test it to see if there will be an initial shedding (some people say it's good, some say it's not) as my hair is quite thin already by genetics, always has and I am not sure if I can afford to shed excessively.
People who are good responders to Minoxidil have high levels of an enzyme called sulfotransferase, I don't know if it's possible, but if you can do some blood work to see the levels of your sulfotrans, maybe you can find out if you are a good responder.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People who are good responders to Minoxidil have high levels of an enzyme called sulfotransferase, I don't know if it's possible, but if you can do some blood work to see the levels of your sulfotrans, maybe you can find out if you are a good responder.
Alright, what about the shedding, is it an absolute necessity that shows if the treatment works?

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Minoxidil is dose dependent so you may not get the desired results using it a couple days a week. You could try putting it on your beard to see how well you respond. I have seen people on Youtube document their beard growth with positive results.
Alright so take in consideration these:
- my Norwood is about 2.5 and it stayed like that for over a year (maybe slightly receded on the left temple)
- I am more worried about the temple regrowth than vertex
- Alopexy prospect says it works only on the vertex
- Because of my natural thin hair (sh*t genes) my hair will look worse if I start shedding like people usually do
- Lastly, I don't understand side effects, if I get any, I should stop using Alopexy? Also, any further risk if I smoke (half a pack/day).