Any men on TRT and taking Finasteride?

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wondering if any men are on TRT and also take Finasteride and if this has helped further hairloss from the testosterone/DHT conversion.
Also notice any other side effects?

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That takes a braver fellow than most but I think Experimental, it might be, who is doing that on the Bridgeburn thread but I shall stick with my 4ng/dl of T.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose it all depends on your goals.
Going either way during middle age is likely to be invigorating with XX's processing the strength increases while for me, it's the tissue re-matrixing--hey, Janey can turn her neck again after 30 years. My back stopped hurting; my skin turned pale and lovely and everything is softer. I think arguably brief escapes into either gender might put years of life back on a body. For me, this goes way past hair. It's about looking the way one wishes in accordance with science and probability.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything except bone and teeth is available to be re-matrixed and at least as an MtF, you can pursue weight and hormonal strategies to achieve say a dolphin-like hair-less body. Females of all races are noticeably paler than are their fellow males; they smell cleaner and they almost invariably lack the ability to fetishize which shuts down half of the threads on here. Once on HRT, all fetishes seem stupid. I threw out my cage and restraints but I held on to the maid's uniform. Fashion is fashion, after all.

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish it were not true but it's the healthiest side effect of all--the fifteen hours weekly that you get back which used to be occupied with random thinking. It all just seems incredibly stupid to me today but lack of self-esteem is a killer among balding men unfortunately.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to mention psychological disorders

Last edited:

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to mention psychological disorders;)
Well that's the crux of matters. Being chemically female, does not necessarily make a person emotionally female or even equipped with what is necessary to be or present as female. It takes a sh*t-load of work and years to get right. So by definition almost, without a therapist and psychiatrist both, there can be literally no there there as one flounders to make sense of gender apart from hair and for me, apart from sexual preference.

Ljpviper

Reaction score
I started TRT 150mg of test weekly like 3 weeks ago. I have been on oral Avodart since 2001. Going through an HRT clinic so I get the routine bloodwork,etc. I just turned 50 this year. I am definitely starting to notice an increase in energy, also seems to be effecting my libido in a positive way. Normally I would just feel like watching TV after work, now I am boosted to go to the gym.

I will update the thread as I continue on the TRT regimen.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started TRT 150mg of test weekly like 3 weeks ago. I have been on oral Avodart since 2001. Going through an HRT clinic so I get the routine bloodwork,etc. I just turned 50 this year. I am definitely starting to notice an increase in energy, also seems to be effecting my libido in a positive way. Normally I would just feel like watching TV after work, now I am boosted to go to the gym.

I will update the thread as I continue on the TRT regimen.
Cool man! I started at 200 mg weekly, did that for 10 weeks, then went up to 300mg weekly about 5 weeks ago, so 15 weeks total.
Agree on the energy and libido increases.

I'm also taking an AI once a week, and do hcg injections twice a week.

Haven't noticed any more hairloss that I can tell, but we'll see

Ljpviper

Reaction score
Is there a reason you went up to 300mg, just curious? I had blood work done and my numbers are solid. My triglycerides dropped almost 80 points. My total cholesterol is like 245, about 45 points above the high range. Not too worried as I have had total cholesterol between 220-260 for the last 16 years. I will not get on a statin. I am like 30lbs overweight so once I totally cleanup my diet and focus on my workouts plan to drop the weight. I still carry a lot of muscle since I have been working out since 14 now 50.

I have HGH as well, but have not started. I am taking two shots of T weekly spaced out 4 days apart to equal the 150 and the AI once a week. The positive of taking the Avodart is my psa score is .56 it barely registers as the scale is 1 to 4. My dad passed way from prostate cancer at 65, very young.

good luck

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a reason you went up to 300mg, just curious? I had blood work done and my numbers are solid. My triglycerides dropped almost 80 points. My total cholesterol is like 245, about 45 points above the high range. Not too worried as I have had total cholesterol between 220-260 for the last 16 years. I will not get on a statin. I am like 30lbs overweight so once I totally cleanup my diet and focus on my workouts plan to drop the weight. I still carry a lot of muscle since I have been working out since 14 now 50.

I have HGH as well, but have not started. I am taking two shots of T weekly spaced out 4 days apart to equal the 150 and the AI once a week. The positive of taking the Avodart is my psa score is .56 it barely registers as the scale is 1 to 4. My dad passed way from prostate cancer at 65, very young.

good luck
Sounds like you are keeping solid track of your numbers and blood work, good Job!

I'm interested in HGH, but my clinic does not offer it, just some peptide that stimulates hgh, I'm not interested in that.

Please keep me posted on your progress, I'm sure you will do great.

I raised from 200 to 300 bc I was not noticing the effects I was hoping for, possibly due to finasteride or the antidepressant I take. I need to do some blood work.
I take 100mg shots 3 days a week spaced out a bit.
I'm kind of a work out gym rat, so if I can go up to 350 or 400 I will

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wondering if any men are on TRT and also take Finasteride and if this has helped further hairloss from the testosterone/DHT conversion.
Also notice any other side effects?
If it help, I did a cycle while I was on Dutasteride 0.5mg daily ( like 10 years ago ) with testosterone 250mg per week and 40 mg of oxandrolona per day ( pharma grade both ) for 3 month, no hair loss at all.
It really depend on how much are you going to use it . It you really have low T and you are doing right TRT , should be ok. Now, if you use TRT as an excuse to have superphysiological levels of T could be a problem .

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it help, I did a cycle while I was on Dutasteride 0.5mg daily ( like 10 years ago ) with testosterone 250mg per week and 40 mg of oxandrolona per day ( pharma grade both ) for 3 month, no hair loss at all.
It really depend on how much are you going to use it . It you really have low T and you are doing right TRT , should be ok. Now, if you use TRT as an excuse to have superphysiological levels of T could be a problem .
Thanks for sharing your experience and information sir! Very helpful, thank you :)

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know people who mix those. For me it is just enough to buy viаgra online.
Don't need any other vitamins, supplements or other meds.
If someone wants to take different medications at the same time - consult the doctor beforehand,

Last edited: