Any longer term finasteride users powered through initial chest/nipple issues?

curlsgoneswispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been taking 0.5mg of finasteride ED for three weeks now and have not experienced any sides except for some chest sensations that have begun in the past couple of days. My chest intermittently feels kind of achy as if I'd done a big workout, but isn't really tender to the touch, this is coupled with some nipple sensitivity which again isn't constant, my nipples aren't sore and there are no lumps, but I'm just very much aware of them, sometimes they feel as if they're stiff like it's really cold, but are soft to the touch. So my question is: has anyone else experienced these feelings when first beginning finasteride, and if so did they dissipate with time? Could this just be my body adjusting to the hormonal changes or is it a sign that I could develop gyno and should tap out? I've started taking 15mg zinc daily as of today and plan to see how I feel in a weeks time and then possibly try dropping to .25 ED or EOD for another week if it persists. I'm conscious that I could (hopefully) just be nocebo-ing myself as gyno was definitely the side I was most concerned about going into this, but also really don't want to f*** about and run the risk of developing big jiggly man tits that I couldn't afford to have removed. I appreciate that there aren't many medical professionals amongst us, but I really value any input from anyone that has had a similar experience and particularly anyone that developed gyno and what the early signs were. fyi I'm 28 and at approx 5% body fat, do a lot of cardio and weight train 5 days a week so am in pretty good shape! Thanks to anyone that takes the time to read, I appreciate any perspectives anyone might have!

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been taking 0.5mg of finasteride ED for three weeks now and have not experienced any sides except for some chest sensations that have begun in the past couple of days. My chest intermittently feels kind of achy as if I'd done a big workout, but isn't really tender to the touch, this is coupled with some nipple sensitivity which again isn't constant, my nipples aren't sore and there are no lumps, but I'm just very much aware of them, sometimes they feel as if they're stiff like it's really cold, but are soft to the touch. So my question is: has anyone else experienced these feelings when first beginning finasteride, and if so did they dissipate with time? Could this just be my body adjusting to the hormonal changes or is it a sign that I could develop gyno and should tap out? I've started taking 15mg zinc daily as of today and plan to see how I feel in a weeks time and then possibly try dropping to .25 ED or EOD for another week if it persists. I'm conscious that I could (hopefully) just be nocebo-ing myself as gyno was definitely the side I was most concerned about going into this, but also really don't want to f*** about and run the risk of developing big jiggly man tits that I couldn't afford to have removed. I appreciate that there aren't many medical professionals amongst us, but I really value any input from anyone that has had a similar experience and particularly anyone that developed gyno and what the early signs were. fyi I'm 28 and at approx 5% body fat, do a lot of cardio and weight train 5 days a week so am in pretty good shape! Thanks to anyone that takes the time to read, I appreciate any perspectives anyone might have!
Ur turning into a shemale. I learned the hard way.

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Zinc won't do anything for gyno. You are increasing your estrogen by using 5ar blockers. Only way to stop gyno is an AI or SERM.

rgavro

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard of people using DIM successfully to greatly reduce, if not outright eliminate, symptoms of breast enlargement (tingling, itchiness). I don't know if it stops the enlargement of the gland itself though.