Any Idea When Polichem's P-3074 Will Come Out?

youngster

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you probably all know, Polichem has been developing a topical finasteride solution, P-3074. According to their website, it's been in "Pivotal Phase 3 in EU" forever it seems. Do we have any news or any indication of when this may be available? If at all?

inmyhead

Reaction score
not in 2017 and 2018 probably. They are recruiting people for phase 3 if i'm not mistaken.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it may be sh*t. I was using the Hasson and Wong version and got sides.

youngster

My Regimen
Reaction score

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? Did you use oral finasteride prior to that? https://3pfizs243h34c09mn6s0ul69-wp...evaluation-finasteride-solution-DR-HASSON.pdf this seems pretty legit to me, but I can barely understand it.

I'm really hoping for Polichem despite not experiencing sides 3 months in from oral finasteride.
I'm also hoping for Polichem as they are actually conducting proper studies.

The link you posted above is the same reason why I even gave H&W finasteride a shot as I wasn't willing to risk the oral route. It could just be all in my head and simply be the nocebo effect.

Look at the study below, using lower concentrations and dosage Polichem's liposomal finasteride still reduced serum DHT unfortunately.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26636418

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Polichem has been in phase III since November of 2015 and that is just when I saw it; who knows when the trial began. Not sure wtf is going on with that.

Suswang

Established Member
Reaction score
Pavi, is that true??
To be fair, a proper study would follow patients for an entire year, no? So if they began recruiting in Nov 2015, realistically we should not expect results for a couple more months. I have not had any luck getting a reply from them when I emailed, but it would be good to find out the correct target date,

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also hoping for Polichem as they are actually conducting proper studies.

The link you posted above is the same reason why I even gave H&W finasteride a shot as I wasn't willing to risk the oral route. It could just be all in my head and simply be the nocebo effect.

Look at the study below, using lower concentrations and dosage Polichem's liposomal finasteride still reduced serum DHT unfortunately.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26636418
Can you elaborate on your sides? What kind of sides did you get on the topical finasteride? Thx!

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on your sides? What kind of sides did you get on the topical finasteride? Thx!
I've gone on it twice. The first time I went on it for 2 months and first week of that I had a mad increase in libido which gave me the desire to hump anything in sight. It then goes back to normal but about a month in my breast started to feel warm and sore (like after chest day sore). I dropped it for a month and pain went away then restarted and the same happened, increased sex drive initially then breast pain and warmth a while later.

However, it's like I said before, I am a paranoid person and could just be nocebo effect.

Reactions: WMQ

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pavi, is that true??
To be fair, a proper study would follow patients for an entire year, no? So if they began recruiting in Nov 2015, realistically we should not expect results for a couple more months. I have not had any luck getting a reply from them when I emailed, but it would be good to find out the correct target date,

I swear that in November 2015 it said the pivotal phase III was underway. I just began realizing I was balding around that time and I became quite obsessed with searching for new treatments. If you search Polichem in the search engine on this site I'm sure you can find where I posted about it

whoken

Reaction score

This still could be interesting, according to this study, with a less concentrated solution, we could eliminate 50% of DHT in the scalp for only -24% serum DHT as a trade off. For referrence, the usual dose of Propecia 0.25 to 1 mg eliminates 70% of DHT in the scalp but also 70% serum DHT.

If one was tested with high serum DHT before the treatment, I think it's very less likely they would suffer any side effect (at least those caused by the reduction of serum DHT). Pretty sure the level of serum DHT prior to treatment is the key here, if they are low already you're in for a bad ride, which also explains why some get side effects only 24h after popping up the first pill.

The H&W topical has a high concentration of Propecia by default, if you tweak the values down, it might be possible to reduce the chance of systemic side effects big time without losing too much on the effectiveness. I'm gonna probably test that by ordering a solution with level similar to those in the study, but before that I need to get my serum DHT tested.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This still could be interesting, according to this study, with a less concentrated solution, we could eliminate 50% of DHT in the scalp for only -24% serum DHT as a trade off. For referrence, the usual dose of Propecia 0.25 to 1 mg eliminates 70% of DHT in the scalp but also 70% serum DHT.

If one was tested with high serum DHT before the treatment, I think it's very less likely they would suffer any side effect (at least those caused by the reduction of serum DHT). Pretty sure the level of serum DHT prior to treatment is the key here, if they are low already you're in for a bad ride, which also explains why some get side effects only 24h after popping up the first pill.

The H&W topical has a high concentration of Propecia by default, if you tweak the values down, it might be possible to reduce the chance of systemic side effects big time without losing too much on the effectiveness. I'm gonna probably test that by ordering a solution with level similar to those in the study, but before that I need to get my serum DHT tested.
Except this was only a one week study and 5AR takes a long time for the body to reproduce. If they release the same -24% serum DHT with -50% scalp DHT after a month then I will be hyped.

georgex6

Reaction score
I'm using this topical solution for some months i give it here in athens greece in a local pharmacy
results no major sides its helping me maintaining but not so strong as oral
I'm thinking of making the dutasteride version i asked the pharmacy and they need some time because dutasteride is in shortage