Any Idea What Norwood This Is? Also At What Age Would You Say It's Safe To Consider Transplant?

thornhill59

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, 26M here. Here's my current hair https://imgur.com/a/EVFwSv6. About the same as it was when I was 23 and started finasteride although hairline mightve receded and thinned a bit. Two questions.

1. What norwood do you think this is? I'm taking a stab at 2.5. Always had a high hairline but its receded more and is now thinning in the front.

2. Any idea how good a transplant could be for this kind of hair with this kind of loss and at what age is it safe to consider? Basically maintaining on finasteride but will give it a few more years to see how well I'm doing. I've looked at a whole heap of transplant results online and while some look really good, a lot make the hairline look unnatural and pluggy. I don't know if this is due to an untalented surgeon, poor quality donor or both. Cheers.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You are about a NW2. You just have a high forehead and fine hair. Your current hair style is fine. I would wait until you are at least 30 if you can maintain at the level you are now. Most people outside this forum would say you have still have great hair.

thornhill59

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers guys, needed a bit of perspective to get my head out of the rut im in today. Don't mind too much where the hairline is, always been high so it doesnt really bother me too much, its the thinning at the front that proves seriously problematic. Cant style anymore, just kinda sweep it into a bit of a combover and hairspray til it holds. Still, it can look passable and sometimes even decent when I need it to so I have that to hold onto.
You are about a NW2. You just have a high forehead and fine hair. Your current hair style is fine. I would wait until you are at least 30 if you can maintain at the level you are now. Most people outside this forum would say you have still have great hair.
Fine hair at the front these days no doubt, though my hair is naturally ridiculously thick. I mean lose your hand in it thick, or at least it was. Unless you mean that the individual hairs are fine but I have a lot of them? Never really considered that. Anyway cheers for the advice re transplant mate. Exactly what I plan on doing.

thornhill59

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also doubt you remember House but you once commented on a post of mine regarding kinking hair due to minoxidil. All my hairline hairs were wiry and coarse and kinking erratically after some time on min liquid. Changed to the foam and it's really helped, the kinked hair has disappeared almost completely. Maybe a reaction to the propylene glycol in the liquid? Anyway your advice was good then and it's good now. Much appreciated mate.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say NW2. LOoks like you have thinning at the end though so maybe will become NW2.5 later on depending on what meds you take etc