Any Hope For Hair Regrowth Post Fifty

realself

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just passed the 50 milestone and thankfully I don't have any major health issues (knock on wood)...The receding hairline has been going on since my early 20's and I've been doing minoxidil religiously for the last 20 or so years. It stopped really having much of an effect about 2 years ago and I went from 2A to something like 3A...I didn't want to take chances with Propecia, though my PCP seems OK with it as long as we monitor it very closely. What I have tried is the PRP shots, had about 5 of them in the last 8 months, though I cannot see any effect whatsoever. At this age, what are the possibilities for stopping further hairloss and some modest regrowth (if not able to spend the money on a transplant)?

Thank you!

jamiegriggs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 58 and have been using minoxidil for about 25+ years. My hair has thinned in this time but i still have a 'reasonable' coverage, though very thin on the crown. Recently i started leaning my head over the bed for a couple of minutes each morning and notice more hair after just a few weeks on the crown - i did the same thing in the 40's and also gained hair - consistency s the key of course. Other than that i take b group vitamins which help. I was also thinking about the minoxidil / retinol combination therapy

realself

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely not too late, and I should know because I am around your age.

Try using topical Finasteride if you are worried about the side effects. I hear
that it is much safer.

Thanks Paris23...I will look into topical finasteride - I would agree that it is probably safer, though not sure how efficient. It certainly is worth a shot.