Any hardcore fitness guys rocking a system?

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello gents, I'm just curious to know if there are any guys on this forum who train 7 days a week sweating alot and wear a hair system. I work out in gym every day, and run every other day and I do sweat alot...just wondering if anyone else lives a similar fitness oriented lifestyle while wearing a system and what kind of challenges you deal with that comes along with all the sweating etc.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I hear....dont know any personally. I've talked to Jake Kent from YouTube who does Crossfit and pretty active generally speaking. Was hoping to hear from some guys who live that life.....

mjpg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do cardio everyday and lift but i always wearing a hat, i only use my hair system in social events and i use got2b for attach or ghost bond for better attachment if more days

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep fit and wear my system whilst doing so. I play soccer once a week and I run a lot, as well as doing some weights at home. It puts some stress on the bond, but only in the sense that you need to clean and reattach more often (in the same way that sweat makes your clothes gross!). I don't have any issues while exercising, and have run full marathons in my system. The bond will loosen the more you sweat, but once you cool down, it sorts itself out.
I assume you're asking as a prospective wearer, rather than a current. If so, the take home messages are:

- You can work out as much as you want in your system. Wearing it won't hinder your workout at all
- Working out 7 days a week will mean that you will spend more time than most on things like hairline lifts. This is really not a problem. I have to fix my hairline every day, but it takes less than 5 minutes to do
- You will want to do a complete clean/reattach every week. Don't buy into any salon's sales pitch that tells you that you can leave it on between monthly visits. That will be awful for your scalp. In fact, don't even try to push it. Even if one week you think you can get away with it, don't try. I'm guessing since you work out a lot that you're the sort of guy who takes care of himself. Make this clean up part of that routine.

All in all you're good though! A year and a half a go, I didn't hair hair or a gym body. Now I have both!

N.B On the scalp thing, I spoke to my stylist about this and she said that she's had to excuse herself from her clients in the past because of the smell. It's awful how some guys allow that stuff to fester on their heads!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I hear....dont know any personally. I've talked to Jake Kent from YouTube who does Crossfit and pretty active generally speaking. Was hoping to hear from some guys who live that life.....

I have many clients that do. They use Max Hold Sport scalp protector, and ulta-hold tapes (on lace units with poly back and sides for maximum hold).

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At the gym for 55 out of the previous 57 days. Sweat like a pig with cardio (running, rowing, bike or cross trainer) plus weights. Never had an issue in all the years. Best advice maintain a strong bond and if its not, then reattach 24-hours before.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably worth mentioning that lace appears to be better than UTS, if you're going to be working out a lot.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to keep my systems as virginal as possible, meaning I take it off frequently.

I tried Ghostbonding for an extended hold & it was just a b**ch! I know it can of course be done. My first piece, I abused the hell out of, sweating in it, swimming in it, everything.

I _LOVE_ not having to sleep w/ my piece, or shower in it, or any of that.

secondwind

My Regimen
Reaction score
Played flag football with mine on Sunday. I lift maybe 4 times a week. I have cut down on the cardio since using a system. Things like a steam room and sauna I would avoid. Started wearing during the pandemic. The more you sweat the looser it will get. Only you will notice. I played softball most of summer and never was worried about it coming off. Some days over 90 and heavy sweating. I use a salon. The person I use said never to re attach it myself. I go once a month. After the second month. I started taking it off myself and re bonding like every 10 days. Front hair line maybe once every 5 days. I still use the salon once a month. I know they can do a better job than I can with the cleaning and blending. If you are on the fence about getting one. JUST DO IT

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not really a gym or sports playing kind of guy, but I have done a bit of cycling with a hair system while wearing a helmet and it has not proven to be any real problem. When I got my first hair system the stylist I went to said 'they are not for gym bunnies', but I think people over-exaggerate this. I don't really see what the problem is - if you sweat a lot, then you can simply detach and reattach a bit more often. As for risking it lifting or falling off, there's very little chance of the latter. Why don't people just wear a headband / sweatband while at the gym anyway? Then you won't need to worry about it potentially lifting.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a messier style just so I. Don't have to deal with the blending issue so much. But yes of course the salon said not to do it yourself!

The exercise issue is less of an issue with lace with poly rim, perimeter bond, and the ability y to DIY before it is too loose.

I've not had an issue with exercise with it. But I do credit the fact I don't have a full bond and can redo the bond in no time.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have many clients that do. They use Max Hold Sport scalp protector, and ulta-hold tapes (on lace units with poly back and sides for maximum hold).
Sorry for late response, thanks Bald Bearded, added that info to my 'Hair system notes journal'! I appreciate your advice, great to get tips from someone who works in the industry!

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the gym for 55 out of the previous 57 days. Sweat like a pig with cardio (running, rowing, bike or cross trainer) plus weights. Never had an issue in all the years. Best advice maintain a strong bond and if its not, then reattach 24-hours before.
Nice, sounds like you hit it hard! Thanks for advice, I'm most concerned about the starting time period in which I'll be completely reliant on salon for installs and reattach but hopefully shell give me some tips to get by in between maintenance appointments. Thanks again!

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably worth mentioning that lace appears to be better than UTS, if you're going to be working out a lot.
Nice, thanks brother! That's what I hear but I've had some trouble finding lace in this pandemic shortage, hopefully that changes soon

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I try to keep my systems as virginal as possible, meaning I take it off frequently.

I tried Ghostbonding for an extended hold & it was just a b**ch! I know it can of course be done. My first piece, I abused the hell out of, sweating in it, swimming in it, everything.

I _LOVE_ not having to sleep w/ my piece, or shower in it, or any of that.
Hey thanks for tips man! Yea I hope to become a pro at doing all the maintenance at home...although I fear it may take me quite a while, bit I'm willing to put in some work and learn. Sounds like you tale yours off every night

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Played flag football with mine on Sunday. I lift maybe 4 times a week. I have cut down on the cardio since using a system. Things like a steam room and sauna I would avoid. Started wearing during the pandemic. The more you sweat the looser it will get. Only you will notice. I played softball most of summer and never was worried about it coming off. Some days over 90 and heavy sweating. I use a salon. The person I use said never to re attach it myself. I go once a month. After the second month. I started taking it off myself and re bonding like every 10 days. Front hair line maybe once every 5 days. I still use the salon once a month. I know they can do a better job than I can with the cleaning and blending. If you are on the fence about getting one. JUST DO IT
Yes man, great advice, "just do it!" That's exactly what my buddy Jake Kent from YouTube told me, "just get started" he said. Basically told me this is a journey you have to be on to really learn how to do it and you learn alot as you go.
Sounds like you do the salon thing and picked up some skills on how to do alot of it yourself to get by, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. I hope I learn as quickly as you did.
Thanks for tips and encouragement man!

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not really a gym or sports playing kind of guy, but I have done a bit of cycling with a hair system while wearing a helmet and it has not proven to be any real problem. When I got my first hair system the stylist I went to said 'they are not for gym bunnies', but I think people over-exaggerate this. I don't really see what the problem is - if you sweat a lot, then you can simply detach and reattach a bit more often. As for risking it lifting or falling off, there's very little chance of the latter. Why don't people just wear a headband / sweatband while at the gym anyway? Then you won't need to worry about it potentially lifting.
Yea man great idea about the sweatband, I may try that. And Hey i know cycling that can be pretty intensive workout, and lots of sweating especially with helmet. I'm really hoping I pick up the detach reattach thing quick, seems pretty important to be able to have more control over this thing

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do cardio everyday and lift but i always wearing a hat, i only use my hair system in social events and i use got2b for attach or ghost bond for better attachment if more days
Nice, cardio everyday wow that's great! Yea I've heard that about ghost bond, thanks for the tip. Using only for social events probably stretches your system lifespan quite a bit

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep fit and wear my system whilst doing so. I play soccer once a week and I run a lot, as well as doing some weights at home. It puts some stress on the bond, but only in the sense that you need to clean and reattach more often (in the same way that sweat makes your clothes gross!). I don't have any issues while exercising, and have run full marathons in my system. The bond will loosen the more you sweat, but once you cool down, it sorts itself out.
I assume you're asking as a prospective wearer, rather than a current. If so, the take home messages are:

- You can work out as much as you want in your system. Wearing it won't hinder your workout at all
- Working out 7 days a week will mean that you will spend more time than most on things like hairline lifts. This is really not a problem. I have to fix my hairline every day, but it takes less than 5 minutes to do
- You will want to do a complete clean/reattach every week. Don't buy into any salon's sales pitch that tells you that you can leave it on between monthly visits. That will be awful for your scalp. In fact, don't even try to push it. Even if one week you think you can get away with it, don't try. I'm guessing since you work out a lot that you're the sort of guy who takes care of himself. Make this clean up part of that routine.

All in all you're good though! A year and a half a go, I didn't hair hair or a gym body. Now I have both!

N.B On the scalp thing, I spoke to my stylist about this and she said that she's had to excuse herself from her clients in the past because of the smell. It's awful how some guys allow that stuff to fester on their heads!
Wow thanks for the advice and experience and encouragement jimlad! Marathons, wow you are a much better runner and in better shape than I am. Congrats on getting the hair and the gym bod, that's a real full body makeover.

And yes that is exactly the sales pitch I was given at the first salon consultation LOL, once a month maintenance appointment for $125...I didnt believe her then and certainly dont now. The most I've heard I can get away with is 12-14 days. Ideally i would go to salon every week but I'm not sure I can afford that so just an added incentive to learn quickly i suppose lol. I think stylist said she will teach me to do lifts right off the bat so that's a plus.
Funny you mention the smell thing with the stylist, that's something I've wondered alot about, like man that must be unpleasant for them lol