Any good recommendations on companies for lace units right now

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wearing for over a year and stopped when Covid hit. Used to order from Lordhair before quality got so bad. Also used to order through my salon, but post- covid prices are nuts. I'd like to start back again but it is hard to find lace right now.
Does anyone have any good companies they use?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an FYI, there is no "Post Covid", we are still very much in COVID. Raw materials hard to source, supply chain slow as heck, and prices going up, and labor still a serious problem.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no "Post Covid", we are still very much in COVID.
I agree whole-heartedly, especially with all of the variants popping up.
I did not mean covid is over, i assumed that was clear given the context of my statement.
What I meant by "post-covid" was since covid began in early 2020 (everything after that point in time), when all of the price increases and shortages began, as opposed to "pre-covid".
It's unfortunate that things are still so poor in the industry.
Thank you for your helpful input.

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use HairHub in the UK, and they are still doing stock and custom lace systems. My current custom system from them is all Swiss lace and is excellent quality.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use HairHub in the UK, and they are still doing stock and custom lace systems. My current custom system from them is all Swiss lace and is excellent quality.
Thank you sir! I will research them. I have spoken to several men who use them.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Avoid! I've been waiting since June for a custom lace order.
Wow, that is unfortunate. Thank you for that information. I may try Super hairpieces and worse case scenario I waste around 300 dollars. I'm waiting on a custom order now from Lavivid, hopefully it arrives soon, but would like a back up

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Avoid! I've been waiting since June for a custom lace order.
Wow, that is unfortunate. Thank you for that information. I may try Super hairpieces and worse case scenario I waste around 300 dollars. I'm waiting on a custom order now from Lavivid, hopefully it arrives soon, but would like a back up

It is true that HairHub are taking longer than expected with their custom orders. However they ARE able to offer custom lace, so may be one of your only options right now. I can only speak from my experience with them - the quality of my systems I've had from them has been excellent, although I was waiting nearly a year for my previous custom system! I hope the next one comes through in the next few months. Their prices are reasonable too.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is true that HairHub are taking longer than expected with their custom orders. However they ARE able to offer custom lace, so may be one of your only options right now. I can only speak from my experience with them - the quality of my systems I've had from them has been excellent, although I was waiting nearly a year for my previous custom system! I hope the next one comes through in the next few months. Their prices are reasonable too.

Certainly not the only option. Custom lace systems are taking between 10 and 14 weeks to deliver right now, from a number of factories (not taking into account the closure for Chinese New Year).

Jsinr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody used Hollywood lace in recent months?
Hollywood Lace stole $800 from me. I placed an order in January 2021 after being told they had units in stock. No pieces or word for months. After requesting refund for 7 months and being told it was an issue for “accounting”, I have given up. Worst buying experience ever.

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hollywood Lace stole $800 from me. I placed an order in January 2021 after being told they had units in stock. No pieces or word for months. After requesting refund for 7 months and being told it was an issue for “accounting”, I have given up. Worst buying experience ever.
I am sorry that happened to you sir. We live and learn I suppose. Is there any action against them you can take to recoup that money?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

How did you pay? If my credit card or PayPal you have recourse. I had a company be 3 months late, and I got a full refund from PayPal after not getting a firm delivery date.

Jsinr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I should look into that. It looks like I used PayPal. Didn’t think they would refund like credit cards do. Wonder if there is cutoff after the order date? I kinda just chalked it up to a learning experience. In 15 years of wearing I never had anyone cheat me and was surprised an established company would do so.

thanks for recommending I look into this.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I should look into that. It looks like I used PayPal. Didn’t think they would refund like credit cards do. Wonder if there is cutoff after the order date? I kinda just chalked it up to a learning experience. In 15 years of wearing I never had anyone cheat me and was surprised an established company would do so.

Yes, by all means, dispute the charge!

Last edited:

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've had problems with online orders in the past (not related to hair systems) and just contacted my bank (also paid by credit card). You just provide supporting evidence and they normally take it up with Mastercard or Visa who normally rule in your favour. Paypal also are very good at protecting buyers. I think the cutoff date applies more for if you received the order and then didn't return it within a reasonable period of time. If they have been f'ing with you for 7 months then it shouldn't be an issue and a very clear-cut case. You should get a full refund. Online buyer protection is pretty good nowadays.