Any Good Minoxidil+topical Finasteride Product?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know topical finasteride is a debated topic but I felt that I experienced some added benefit from topical finasteride despite already taking oral finasteride so I would like to keep doing this.

I used Promox for a while (which is a decent minoxidil product, clean, not greasy, friendly to the scalp etc.) but had to go off because they went out of business. A few alternatives I have come across include:

1. Medical Wellness Center/Murray Ave Apothecary: with a website as sketchy as theirs it's very hard to convince myself to buy anything from them. Their statement on the website is also very confusing e.g. they only offer lotion/cream for their custom minoxidil unless you buy their minoxidil "spray" which is only offered at 5% and STILL would have active ingredient settled out of the solution as they claimed. For anybody with any experience with these topicals this clearly goes against common sense and simply makes me feel that their compounding pharmacy is unprofessional to begin with.

2. Morr-F on Ebay: Doesn't seem bad since at least it's a commercial product. My concerns however is: some posts from here talked about how greasy and fragrant (in a bad way) it is. I have a sensitive scalp which reacted really badly at some point to bad topicals so I don't want to go down this road. People also discussed fake Morr-F on Ebay which is a ton of added anxiety, let alone the fact that this product is from India already.

3. Minoxidil Max: very unfortunately they do not sell their minoxidil with topical finasteride to US where I live. :(

4. Homemade topical finasteride: You would simply crush finasteride pills and put them into minoxidil bottoms. I actually tried this a few years ago very briefly but it made my minoxidil full of sediment from crushed pills and I was never sure that the finasteride properly dissolved at all. For these reasons it doesn't seem like a viable long term solution to me.

I'm posting it here because I think the finasteride aspect is more relevant to this post. Would appreciate any insights and experiences on the aforementioned options and other alternatives!:)

Last edited:

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another alternative seems to be finding a physician to prescribe you a topical and let a separate compounding pharmacy do it.

If anybody knows a good doctor around NYC for this please let me know. Thanks

jazz1

Reaction score

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m using morr-f at the moment.

Look into formula 82f or dr Klein’s products that I believe are now being offered again

Reactions: WMQ

jazz1

Reaction score