Any Experiences With Shedding When Switching minoxidil Brands?

DannyDos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

So for 3 years now I've been using Rogaine to treat my hair loss. It was really nothing too horrible, just the crown getting thinner. Anyway, I always heard about the "dread shed" and stuff like that but I never experienced it. However, about a year ago, I changed Minoxidil brands from Rogaine to generic at Target. All seemed fine, but then in Novermber I noticed my hair was noticeably thin on top, but I actually went on to forget about it seemed to even out. However, now, starting like 2-3 months ago I've seemed to have lost an insanely noticeably amount of hair on the top of my head, even my front which was never the case before. Could this be shedding phases caused by switching Minoxidil brands? Almost a year later? I'm not even sure what to look for with shedding, I don't count hairs when i take showers and stuff I've just noticed day by day my hair thinning considerably. Do sheds have hair evenly fall out over the area you apply minoxidil? It's really freaking me out to be honest, like I'm just going bald over a span of a few weeks.

Any input is appreciated!

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes went from rogaine liquid to Kirkland and started to shed and itch

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
I've switched back and forth from Target and Walmart's Equate and always felt like somehow the Equate brand was better. When I used Target, 3 months or so at a time, I had more shedding. You would think it not the case, but I feel like everyone may react slightly different to what they are using and little routine changes may actually affect you.