Any Experiences With Shedding When Switching minoxidil Brands

DannyDos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

So for 3 years now I've been using Rogaine to treat my hair loss. It was really nothing too horrible, just the crown getting thinner. Anyway, I always heard about the "dread shed" and stuff like that but I never experienced it. However, about a year ago, I changed Minoxidil brands from Rogaine to generic at Target. All seemed fine, but then in Novermber I noticed my hair was noticeably thin on top, but I actually went on to forget about it seemed to even out. However, now, starting like 2-3 months ago I've seemed to have lost an insanely noticeably amount of hair on the top of my head, even my front which was never the case before. Could this be shedding phases caused by switching Minoxidil brands? I'm not even sure what to look for with shedding, I don't count hairs when i take showers and stuff I've just noticed day by day my hair thinning considerably. Do sheds have hair evenly fall out over the area you apply minoxidil? It's really freaking me out to be honest, like I'm just going bald over a span of a few weeks.

Any input is appreciated!

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only seen the opposite.

Rogaine foam to Kirkland's liquid, performance of minoxidil improved. I'm guessing because of the mode of penetration between foam and liquid.

I used lipogaine for 6 months, then switched to Kirkland's, I saw better results from Kirkland's but that could've also just been that minoxidil itself was just improving and maybe it would've given me the same results.

I know liquid>foam for me because I have used foam for an entire year with no real luck.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i also switched from rogaine to kirkland liquid without noticing a difference, other than the 5x cheaper price.

maybe try kirkland (from costco) rather than whatever generic they have at target?

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from Rogaine liquid to Kirkland liquid and experienced a shed and itch 3 weeks in, shed has slowed down but itch is still there I'm hoping for the best here and the shed was a sign of good things to come, not sure what to do about the itch tho its pretty annoying