Any Experience With Very Low Dose Oral Minoxidil (less Than 5 Mg)

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Also make sure you check you daily sodium, it said people on oral showed little sides at 5mg twice a day with a diet of 2g sodium per day. I already follow a strict diet, no issue here on that front.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You go to the gym dont you?. Try collegen hydrate protien??
Volume loss is a much more likely scenario than tissue loss. Wording can be tricky, thought you were peeling off or some sh*t, lol :eek:

A lot of facial water retention can be deposited into the upper cheeks and temples. When taking into account your dark cicles, it may all add up to an illusion that makes your eyes even more sunken in. It's highly unlikely you suffered internal structural changes in a matter of weeks of collagen depletion, that would take much more time
That's a good point; I do agree.
Looks like you've been in this game for a long time based on your join date. How long have you been doing oral min?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also make sure you check you daily sodium, it said people on oral showed little sides at 5mg twice a day with a diet of 2g sodium per day. I already follow a strict diet, no issue here on that front.
You go to the gym dont you?. Try collegen hydrate protien??
Yea, I started collagen and taurine two days ago. After a couple days off of min, I'll restart around your dose and see what happens.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please let me know which products you use for taurine and collagen and what the dosis is. If there is anything particular to consider while buying this products any Tipps would be great!

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, I started collagen and taurine two days ago. After a couple days off of min, I'll restart around your dose and see what happens.

Are you back on minoxidil then? How much hair would you say you were losing a day for 9 months? I’m thinking about giving it a try but I’m gonna buy a cheap blood pressure cuff first just to be safe. Do you think the other stuff in your regimen had a role to play in the regrowth? I’m just trying to stabilize this 7 month shedd I have been on.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally i don't think oral minoxidil can keep gains made with topical minoxidil, even at 10mg a day. It's just a theory i have but one im going to test out soon. I hate having to apply it, once my spironolactone arrives im going to drop the topical minoxidil and just continue with oral, my theory is that i will lose the small gains i have made with needling and topical.So my regimen will be.

0.5mg dutasteride daily
20mg oral minoxidil daily 10mg in morning 10mg at night
200mg spironolactone 100mg morning 100mg night
various supplements

Im upping the dosage of oral minoxidil because spironolactone is a diuretic and i don't need to worry about water retention, i also have no chest problems with minoxidil, so taking in morning and night i should be fine.

Last edited:

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally i don't think oral minoxidil can keep gains made with topical minoxidil, even at 10mg a day. It's just a theory i have but one im going to test out soon. I hate having to apply it, once my spironolactone arrives im going to drop the topical minoxidil and just continue with oral, my theory is that i will lose the small gains i have made with needling and topical.So my regimen will be.

0.5mg dutasteride daily
20mg oral minoxidil daily 10mg in morning 10mg at night
200mg spironolactone 100mg morning 100mg night
various supplements

Im upping the dosage of oral minoxidil because spironolactone is a diuretic and i don't need to worry about water retention, i also have no chest problems with minoxidil, so taking in morning and night i should be fine.

Your going to start taking those doses right away or slowly build up? Why not just duta and oral minoxidil? Are you worried about side effects with the addition of spironolactone?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your going to start taking those doses right away or slowly build up? Why not just duta and oral minoxidil? Are you worried about side effects with the addition of spironolactone?

I have been taking 10mg oral minoxidil since octoberish and dutasteride since november, still no significant progress, im hoping spironolactone will be the silver bullet, im worried about gyno though. I was on finasteride close to a year before jumping on dutasteride and it did nothing to halt my baldness.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking 10mg oral minoxidil since octoberish and dutasteride since november, still no significant progress, im hoping spironolactone will be the silver bullet, im worried about gyno though. I was on finasteride close to a year before jumping on dutasteride and it did nothing to halt my baldness.

Do you mind saying where you get the stuff in your regimen from and what do you mean by progress hair loss cessation or regrowth? I plan on taking about 3mg Kirkland liquid to start. Then eventually moving up higher if things go good and might add 25mg spironolactone

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get my dutasteride from oxford online pharmacy https://www.oxfordonlinepharmacy.co.uk/hair-loss
Oral minoxidil from thailand pharmacy https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/product-category/hair-loss/
And spironolactone from here https://www.beautystorefront.net/product-page/2-boxes-hyles-100-spironolactone-100-mg-100-tablets

Im still waiting on my spironolactone arriving though, i think i have maintained a little with dutasteride since November whereas with finasteride i think i was worse off after close to a year on it.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get my dutasteride from oxford online pharmacy https://www.oxfordonlinepharmacy.co.uk/hair-loss
Oral minoxidil from thailand pharmacy https://www.thailandpharmacy.net/product-category/hair-loss/
And spironolactone from here https://www.beautystorefront.net/product-page/2-boxes-hyles-100-spironolactone-100-mg-100-tablets

Im still waiting on my spironolactone arriving though, i think i have maintained a little with dutasteride since November whereas with finasteride i think i was worse off after close to a year on it.

Well I hope you find success with it. All those sites look legit but if it doesn’t work maybe drink Kirkland or try switching sources for awhile.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I hope you find success with it. All those sites look legit but if it doesn’t work maybe drink Kirkland or try switching sources for awhile.

Yeah i may try just drinking the kirkland liquid instead of buying the pills, works out alot cheaper. Thanks, hope you have success in getting your hair back too, were all in this together after all

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How’s the old oral been treating you? Still on 1.25mg?

I'm still on 1.25mg. I will review it after a full year, which will be December. I dont shed hair like i used to.
Hair cycles are a long process i think a year trial is a must for any treatment.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally i don't think oral minoxidil can keep gains made with topical minoxidil, even at 10mg a day. It's just a theory i have but one im going to test out soon.
I'm on Topical minoxidil 5% & dutasteride.
I'm trying to add oral minoxidil on top of this, hoping that it will give my results a boost...But I dont know if Oral & Topical minoxidil work well together.
I don't know anyone whose used both topical & oral at the same time.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on Topical minoxidil 5% & dutasteride.
I'm trying to add oral minoxidil on top of this, hoping that it will give my results a boost...But I dont know if Oral & Topical minoxidil work well together.
I don't know anyone whose used both topical & oral at the same time.

Im also very interested about this^
Im using duta and topical minoxidl at the moment and want to try adding oral minoxidil but not sure whether they go well together or the scalp will go into overdrive and there not a good combination.
Anyone knows?

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im also very interested about this^
Im using duta and topical minoxidl at the moment and want to try adding oral minoxidil but not sure whether they go well together or the scalp will go into overdrive and there not a good combination.
Anyone knows?

Try to Take oral minoxidil in morning and topical at night or vice versa. I think its a bit much day and night topical + oral minoxidil