Any Experience With Retinol Serum For Skin(face)?

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have problems with current acne (got better through diet!) and left-overs of worse times. Been battling it with BPO daily, applying a moisturizer afterwards. Also been using lactic acid for a few weeks, every other day.

But some research made me really interested in Retinol. My product seems to be full of good stuff, besides Hyaluronic acid it has aloe very, witch hazel, vitamin E, green tea and much more. I would love to be able to make my skin look a bit fresher and getting slowly but surely rid of red spots and little red veins i got over the years from having sensitive skin and acne.

Any thoughts?

Just saw that the product i ordered is made in china, now i'm not so confident in trying it lol.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i have used retinol before, works well, just don't use it in the under eye area.

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool, thx! How often would you use it a week? I have my bpo routine PM already, planning on using retinol Serum once or twice a week AM.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should ideally use it at night, if you are going to use it am make sure to wear sunscreen(If you don't already)

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea thanks for the hint, won't come near the eye. Is the damage it done reversible? Retin-a is the same just with vitamin a right? Vitamin a can cause hairloss, so i wont go with that if i'm right,and the ordinary is great!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as i can tell it's not reversible, at least i haven't found anything that has worked yet. Just noticed fine lines under my eyes a few weeks in to using retin-a...i thought it was just the uglies phase, worse before it gets better sort of thing so i continued for months but they just got deeper and worse over that time, the skin under my eyes was flawless before retin-a, i was intending to use it mostly as a preventative measure and to build up collagen, anyway it completely decimated the skin under my eyes, tried copper peptides, eye specific retinols, collagen peptides, argireline, needling etc nothing is getting rid of them it seems. Sucks. I haven't really read much online about people getting the sort of disastrous results i got from it though, i think my reaction to it was atypical for some bizarre reason.