Any chance it was nocebo?

sirap

Reaction score
In short, tried finasteride 6 months ago, felt great that I was finally doing something about it and didn't think twice about it.

The next day erection felt somewhat harder to attain but put it up to nocebo, however orgasms didn't really feel pleasureable at all, just the physical sensation of ejaculating.

From the second day forward I stopped getting morning wood altogether, from the third day (the last dose I took) libido was completely shot and I couldn't get an erection without heavy physical stimulation and I wouldn't get completely hard even then (lost about an inch of erect length, I measured), semen was watery (though this I know is normal). My penis was also a bit shrunk while flaccid, a bit like when you step out of a cold swimming pool.

Five days in I had also lost some sensitivity in my shaft (uncircumsized so the difference was very strong to what it normally is). Trying to masturbate was now a chore since my thoughts would wander and I would forget that I was masturbating (tried watching some p**rn as well to have something to focus on but that did absolutely nothing), it was like there was a disconnect between my brain and my penis.

I stopped taking finasteride after the third dose, it took about 10 days before I got a half stiffy in the morning again and around 2 weeks before I was back to pretty much normal.

So, any chance ALL of this was just in my head? Min+nizoral is not cutting it at all and finasteride feels like my only choice to have any chance at reclaiming what I've lost before it goes too far.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't in your head. Don't ever touch that **** again, not even at a lower dose. I'm serious, there is no way that a lack of morning wood was in your head. You've gotten away, don't go back because you can have an even worse reaction.