Any Advice Or Tips For Sensative Scalps?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have found my scalp doesn't react well to alot of topicals like minoxidil. it creates inflammation in my scalp and other joins which i think is probably connected to my immune system reaction to it. anyone have any advice? because really its limiting what i can use to stop hairloss.

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
As a doctor I would, if you feel uncomfortable with using minoxidil then you can inform your doctor and then accordingly your doctor will change the medication. Even you can use Procapil if you have problem with using minoxidil. Minoxidil is a US FDA approved the medication.
Finasteride is also a medication to control your hair loss problem. It is oral medication, which two times you need to take.
I must say that you need to take any medications with dermatologist prescription only.
Along with medications, you can even do treatments like PRP, derma roller, mesotherapy etc for much better results.

I hope my answer can help you in solving your problem.
Thank You.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride drove my scalp crazy with an itch. so did dutasteride. i had to stop taking them and i think they might be part of the reason why my scalp is so sensitive. because i didn't have this issue previously.

Minoxidil creates inflammation and so does scalp massaging for some reason, which i don't understand. i have talked to my doctor about it and he checked my scalp and said he see no problem.

I have also had to go for a softer shampoo to reduce the inflammation only abit. stronger shampoo really wrecks havoc. again that never used to happen.

Last edited:

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking at all your symptoms I feel you may suffer from Psoriasis also.
It looks your scalp is very sensitive and itching, Psoriasis is one of the reasons, with such symptoms.
So, kindly check with your doctor again, what do you have scalp psoriasis or not.

Don't worry, just relax.
Thank you.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking at all your symptoms I feel you may suffer from Psoriasis also.
It looks your scalp is very sensitive and itching, Psoriasis is one of the reasons, with such symptoms.
So, kindly check with your doctor again, what do you have scalp psoriasis or not.

Don't worry, just relax.
Thank you.

May i ask, i assume its not normal to have inflammation pain in your wrist a little while after applying minoxidil and other type of topicals for hairloss? because that also seems to be whats happening . i have told my doctor and he says to just use ibuprofen gel. basically writing it off. but i dunno if thats fixing the issue or figuring out what the problem is. it doesn't seem normal and i don't think most people have this issue.

Last edited:

shravani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Coconut oil is very thick and does not work well for everyone. Castor oil is very good for the scalp, but it is also very thick, and also very good for the scalp. Makes your hair grow like crazy, even the hairs that do not normally grow. Either one usually works for people, so try both and see which one you like better.Olive oil is one of the few oils that penetrates the hair shaft, like coconut and argan oils.Argan and olive oils are good for the hair - ends and the midsection. Argan is fancier, but I get acne wherever it touches my skin, although I am the only person it happens to. Both have smells, so you might want to consider that. But their effects are pretty similar as far as I know. Here the solution Is Olive Oil Good for Your Scalp?