anxiety and heart palpitations?

HatGuy

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone experienced anxiety or heart palpitations on Minoxidil 5%, Revivogen, s5 cream or nizoral 1%? I'm pretty sure it's all just in my head but I just wanted to make sure.

HatGuy

Reaction score
finfighter said:
HatGuy said:
Hi, has anyone experienced anxiety or heart palpitations on Minoxidil 5%, Revivogen, s5 cream or nizoral 1%? I'm pretty sure it's all just in my head but I just wanted to make sure.

Minoxidil-look at the listed side effects!

http://www.medicinenet.com/minoxidil/article.htm

SIDE EFFECTS: Adverse reactions include irritation of the skin, itching, contact dermatitis, and dryness of the scalp or flaking. An increase in the absorption of minoxidil from the scalp can occur in patients with damaged skin, leading to increased side effects. Minoxidil's contains alcohol that can irritate the eyes. In case of accidental contact with eyes or other sensitive areas, the exposed area should be washed with cool water.
:dunno:

HatGuy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man...

LivingOnInHope

Reaction score
Me Too

Hi I know this post is old but I am currently going through the exact same experience. I got worried taking minoxidil as it caused palpitations so I stopped taking it after 4 years of use. Now 7 days later and I have been experiencing breathing problems, numbness in my left arm and symptoms of anxiety. I believe this to be a withdrawal from the drug as my heart has been on the medication for so long. My doctor has cleared me though said I had a high heart rate...which was stopped though breathing exercises. This drug has strange effects not reported often and I will now never take it again, despite spending a lot of money on a yearly supply :( heart over hair !!

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
I have those symptoms about an hour after I use 5% minoxidil and they usually last a couple of hours...if I don't use it for a day I don't have the symptom's.. But I know what your saying

AlexieJ

Reaction score
Did you already consult a doctor regarding this side effects? If you think it is due to Minoxidil and you feel that its not healthy for you I suggest you think about taking it as this can harm your health.

lell123

Reaction score
i had some kind of fast heartbeat or shortness of breath but i think it was all in my head or i overcame those side effects