antidepressants

kevin5er

Reaction score
anyone on an antidepressant? i'm going thru some major anxiety, wondered if theres anything out there that works.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
kevin5er said:
anyone on an antidepressant? i'm going thru some major anxiety, wondered if theres anything out there that works.

I am in the same boat. I highly recommend that you consult a psychiatrist and discuss options. I can't seem to find anyone I can trust.

imissmyhair

Reaction score
me too, propecia gives me major axiety/depression, i stoped for 2days and i felt better, i know it was the finasteride

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had this problem since i was 19, I'm 25 now. It never goes away, you can just quiet it down and tell it to go sit in the corner sometimes.

You can try SSRI's, but they don't really work. They just put you in a confused/dizzy state. Cognitive behavior therapy helps a little. In the end, you will always have this problem.

Try to keep off the meds

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess I should answer your question.
paxil (60mg) alleviated some of the social anxiety I had. But nothing worked better than the xanax I used to take.

Xanax is strong stuff and should only be used in short term. It's really easy to get hooked on it. I used to pop one everytime I felt bad emotions coming, i almost didn't get off the stuff...

i'm not trying to scare you away from meds if you feel you need them. But I would definitely talk to someone who specializes in this before asking your general physician to give you a prescription

Petchsky

Reaction score
The problem with anti depressants is that they don't actually help in the main. Taking A-D is like taking a holiday from your problems, they are still there waiting for you and who wants to waste their live running away and hiding?

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
The problem with anti depressants is that they don't actually help in the main. Taking A-D is like taking a holiday from your problems, they are still there waiting for you and who wants to waste their live running away and hiding?

This is wrong.

A course of anti-depressants can resolve depression completely without recourse to futher medication, when you finish a course of anti-depressants you do not 'return' to the same state as prior to the course.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Radio said:
Petchsky said:

This is wrong.

A course of anti-depressants can resolve depression completely without recourse to futher medication, when you finish a course of anti-depressants you do not 'return' to the same state as prior to the course.

Tell that to the poor buggers who have been on anti depressants for years...

If that was indeed the case then you would have a miracle in a pill.