anti-sebum

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!I have read a post on this forum about causes of balding...and I really think that sebum is in many case responsible for balding or thinning because I was thinning a lot when I was washing my hair between 3 days.I remember that my hair was very greasy at that time.But now I'm washing daily and have no problem regarding shedding but now I'm really thinking how to make my hair thicker...one day I'll find the way;)

Obsidian

Reaction score
Anything but male pattern baldness huh?

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
And I forgot ... Everybody knows some good treatment anti sebum something like shampoo or pills?

to control sebum:

-Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral and other brands)

- Piroctone Olamine shampoo (neutrogena greasy and many other brands)

- Tea tree oil ..... add a few mililiters to a shampoo bottle....

great for inflamation and sebum.. etc...also an antiandrogen. you can find TTO shampoos out there as well.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
polysorbate 80 is supposed to reduce sebum and that stuff is cheap - especially is you hit puritans.com during their 3 for 1 sales.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
THX guys!!! What about male pattern baldness?i don't have too much history regarding male pattern baldness my father has hair and all the relatives from his side...from my mother side is just a problem, her brother who is bald...hope not to inherit this from him...Regarding Nizoral...i have tried it for about 1 month.I felt much better after using it but I could not enen get rid of dandruff...so I'll try anything else!

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
my two cents:

I would use Nizoral every 3rd day (3 or 4 times a week)

and....

use a Piroctone Olamine shampoo the other days. leave them on scalp at least 5 minutes before rinsing. If your hair gets a bit dry you could use a little conditioner after.

look into Tea tree oil... its very good for scalp health/sebum and as an antiandrogen to mix with your shampoo.

if there is male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia in your family, this shampoos used consistently can also help in that front.

good luck.