anti-inflammatory

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
sods act as anti-inflamatories, and inflamation is a byproduct of the follicle being attacked by dht. Theory is if you address the inflamation the follicle will produce a better hair.

something like that...

not a doctor, but i did get laid last night : )

Fuzz

Reaction score
When actually viewed microscopically, male pattern baldness looks like organ rejection. It has been proposed (by the likes of Dr. Proctor and others) the primary damage in male pattern baldness is "immunologically-mediated" (meaning your body turns on your 'programmed' hair follicles).

DHT would not be our enemy if we could counter our follciles' reaction to it. The "switch" DHT causes is enemy #1. SOD's are recommended to counter the inflammation caused by our response to DHT. People with full heads of hair do not worry about DHT. Their follicles are not 'programmed' to become inflamed from DHT. With most people, including those suffereing from male pattern baldness, the sides and back of the head are not 'programmed' either.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
Now thats a better explaination! Hey Fuzz what are your thoughts on Tricomin vs Folligen vs Prox-N (or Proctors Formula)?

Fuzz

Reaction score
It is tough to compare.

I use Folligen every other day, currently. I use it for it has the highest amount of "peptide chains," and is supposedly better (per the creator of both Tricomin and Folligen.) He may be saying this for he had a split with Procyte though.

I have used Tricomin occasionally in the past. I like using Tricomin (and probably will use it again sometime) for it has specific "peptides," targeted at scalp problems. Bryan used to prefer Tricomin vs. Folligen due to this reason. Maybe he still does. Plus, they went through a few phases of FDA trials as support. It is also easy to apply in the morning without evidence you have stuff on your head.

I have never used Prox-N. I am actually interested in using it, due to its many synergisitc agents, including additional growth stimulators. Depending on the concentrations of the active ingredients and their stability when mixed together, this may be the best choice for many.

I like to rotate as part of my regimen, so I will probably use all at some time. I think they all have benefits. How much is the reason we all report here. I hope these all work for everyone.

--Fuzz

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought about using prox-n for the same reason, it does have a few more growth stimulators than tricomin, but tricomin has more legitmate studies to backits effectiveness