Anti-Estrogens + finasteride?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have been constantly thinking of trying finasteride again since my last THREE horrible attempts.

I was wondering if anyone had ever tried using finasteride with anti estrogen meds to help fight possible sides.

I SWEAR my sides were borderline trangender hormone therapy and I can only surmise that its because I am a slightly high T guy (before all this anyway) and eventually my body went into what I would describe as a steroid crash from over T.

I luckily didnt end up with man boobs and most sides are gone but Im always afraid the next attempt will push it past the point of no return for me.

http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.co...trogen-side-effects-male-anabolic-steroid-use

Valiant

Established Member
Reaction score
SW747, you have read and posted on my threads and I appreciate it. If you have been hit 3 times I would not go back. I took Arimidex while on finasteride. Unless your E2 is way high, it won't do much and could actually cause your E to go too low.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
SW747, you have read and posted on my threads and I appreciate it. If you have been hit 3 times I would not go back. I took Arimidex while on finasteride. Unless your E2 is way high, it won't do much and could actually cause your E to go too low.

thanks
Im just dying here watching my hair get worse and worse because Ive had to stop. Today I spent about 25 minutes just TRYING to make my hair look reasonably decent. The other day one of my coworkers made a joke about how my hair is always messy looking now and its because if ONE gets out of place its shows my thinning.
There has to be something else besides finasteride then. minoxidil and nizoral seem to be useless.

What could low E cause? Make me too manly lol

maher

Banned
Reaction score
thanks
Im just dying here watching my hair get worse and worse because Ive had to stop. Today I spent about 25 minutes just TRYING to make my hair look reasonably decent. The other day one of my coworkers made a joke about how my hair is always messy looking now and its because if ONE gets out of place its shows my thinning.
There has to be something else besides finasteride then. minoxidil and nizoral seem to be useless.

"Men also need a small amount of estrogen, says Mystkowski. Estrogen preserves bone density -- in both men and women. In fact, all men normally convert testosterone to estrogen to build bone mass.

"If you look at men who lack an enzyme to make even small amounts of estrogen because they were genetically born that way," says Mystkowski, "they get osteoporosis. If you give them estrogen, their osteoporosis improves. So even though estrogen doesn't circulate in very high concentrations in men, it's a critical factor for bone health."

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP, why specifically do you believe estrogen is to blame for your side effects when you take finasteride? To my understanding, there is no evidence that implicates raised estrogen levels as the cause of side effects, aside from maybe gynecomastia (which is something that you didn't experience). No one really knows why finasteride causes symptoms. It might be from lowered DHT, maybe some effect on other steroids, or just a result of a general hormonal disturbance and not any one in specific.

Hormones fluctuate naturally quite dramatically throughout the day. Without regular blood tests, there's no way to know how much (if any) your estrogen is raised, or if it's even the cause of your symptoms. Having estrogen levels too low is bad also. If you take estrogen blocking meds, you are just taking a craps shoot. You have no idea how much they are going to lower your estrogen, and it might even cause other worse side effects.

I would say avoid things that disturb hormone levels (such as alcohol, some drugs, and foods high in estrogen like soy), keep active and healthy and stick with finasteride for a couple months to let your body adjust. You might just not be able to tolerate the stuff.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks

joint pain, high cholesterol, nausea, low libido, memory impairment, among other things.