Anti-dht + Anti-Estrogen ?The solution against side effects?

Koros

Reaction score
Hello,
since propecia (anti-dht) causes an elevation of estrogen (wich in turn creates libido and gyno problems) why not take a mild anti estrogen while on propecia ?
Wouldn't this supress all the side effect from this drug ?

Koros

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Since most people don't suffer from high Estrogen side effects there's no reason to take another hormone altering drug. Anti E drugs carry side effects as well and hair loss can be one of them depending on the drug and dose.
With that being said.
I'm one of the very few (if not the only one on this board) that developed gyno from finasteride.
I'm currently taking between 2.5mg and 5mg of Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) daily to combat it. It seems to be working quite well along with the finasteride.

BHD

Koros

Reaction score
Since most people don't suffer from high Estrogen side effects

Well not that few people seem to suffer from nipple pain, libido loss, erectil troubles.... all due to long terme exposure to higher estrogen level.

drinkrum

Reaction score
While gyno is normally associated with high estrogen, the sexual side effects from finasteride like reduced libido, decreased ejaculate, etc. can be attributed to the lowering of DHT.

Playing with anti-estrogen and aromatase inhibitors is tricky. By blocking the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, for instance, one can also increase the conversion of testosterone into DHT even while taking finasteride.

D.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Koros,
I assume your going by how many people log in to a forum and complain about side effects. This isn't an accurate way to judge how many people are seeing side effects.

The only side effects attributed to high Estrogen is gyno and weight gain.