Anterior mid scalp accelerated hair loss

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. I started to notice the top thinning around March after being on finasteride for a few months, but not as bad as it is in that photo. My hair looks okay in dim lighting, but when I'm around strong or natural light I can see my scalp. I don't know what to do either, I hope it's from shedding, but it's taking a long time to regrow in that area. I have read about other member's experiences with this as well, but who's to know if it is shedding or if it's further progression of male pattern baldness? I hope because it started shortly after taking Propecia it's a shed, but I guess only time will tell.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the exact same situation, I went on Propecia at 18 and although my crown stayed the same the middle of my scalp started to thin aggressively, about a couple inches behind my hair line and back. I held on to the notion that it was just some shedding but my hair never thickened up again, just continued to get worse. I hope for both of you guys sake its not the same situation to me, everyone's body is different, I gave it over a year before to see if I had an improvements.