answer_q's Story

answer_q

Reaction score
I'm 22 and have been receding since I was 17. Until this year didn't realize that I was losing alot of hair every year up front, tells you of what good hair I had to not be able to tell.
How I knew I was receding, well the pictures I see the slowly changing V shaped head over the years, didn't think much of it. I felt I'd be the last person to see the reality of balding. My dad still good set of hair, and his dad died when my father was only 6 so I have no idea. My grandpa on moms side is bald.

I have started on Propecia, and been on it for the past 2.5 months on a very mild dosage. I have not seen any difference, but just trying it for now.

I have been reading alot of posts up here, and some my heart goes out because I have felt the very same way this year. Something we cannot change. I have done alot of thinking and wonder what is wrong in being bald, keeping hair really short. What woman am I trying to impress that doesn't see the beautiful person I am. Why should I bow down to her ? thinking if I do have great hair I'd attact these women. Having these thoughts constantly made me think, even though it's still hard somedays and somedays not that bad, there is nothing and I mean nothing wrong in being bald. It's how we were designed and people should accept/love us for it...PERIOD !! and if they don't...MOVE ON. See it is just as hard for me following my own words, but you have to keep the mindset.

If anything, think about the people who have lost their ability to live life properly, like the disabled. My mom mentioned to me today about a beggar who had burn scars all over his face, no limbs, just when I was telling her how much hair I have lost ( me constantly whinning ). Now if that doesn't tell us that we shouldn't keep having 'hair' being a priority, nothing will.

Have no worries it's only hair. There is so much to this world than Hair, and we can see and discover it just as well with no Hair !!