ANR-001: Latanoprost (and possibly others) commercialized topical

1780po

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's crazy how even a latanoprost thread of all things can turn into another finasteride b**ch fight.
Not really a b**ch fight, but I take your point, I'll leave the thread for it's intended purpose and not derail it any further!

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using a 5% Minoxidil + 0.05% Latanoprost foam QD for 6 weeks now. No new growth to report but the hair in the top and vertex areas is growing faster than before. Next month I may try the same formula BID as a test.

I'd be interested in seeing if Aneira has included cyclosporin the formula(s) they are testing.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, your English is actually quite good, so no need to put yourself down there - I actually didn't realise it wasn't your first language. So in all fairness, I'd have to apologise for that one, my bad for the judgement on that you are correct.

Secondly, I wasn't insulting you or pursuing some sort of ad hominem attack on you - I was merely basing my assessment on the fact that you act as though you have evidence to contradict the data of highly regulated clinical studies, which you are doing. I think it's fair to call someone out for looking down upon others for following a scientific consensus over anecdotal accounts or unverified theories.

Also, I have looked into all of the studies for finasteride/dutasteride relating to BPH and hairloss, which collectively involve tens of thousands of individuals, and it is a safe drug. Do sides exist? sure. But in a low percentage of users. Most studies find that sexual side effects are really not all that different to the placebo control groups - it's only on online forums which inherently are echo chambers full of confirmation bias that you're suddenly doomed to have your dick fall off if you use the stuff, it's become a joke. It's really only a controversial drug on these sites, within the medical community, it really isn't controversial at all. Thats the problem, you're not basing your claims in reality.

What? DHT attacking follicles is a theory? So is gravity, what's your point? You're now trying to say that androgens (mainly but not just DHT) aren't responsible for Androgenetic Alopecia? Of course Androgenetic Alopecia is a 'multi factored' disease', you're not wrong there, but it doesn't matter as it is completely dependent upon androgen activity. Yes, there are a cascade of downstream effects that DHT CAUSES that we are not fully aware of or how they work exactly, but we know that androgen sensitivity is what causes them. Androgens cause gene expression in the hair follicle that leads to this cascade of events, so it really is a moot point at the end of the day either way as they need DHT/androgens to happen.

I don't really care for the anecdotal evidence of people who frequent sites like these, it's highly unreliable and means nothing to me. I go by controlled studies thanks, and I will continue to do so, not just for finasteride, but for any pharmaceutical drug. I'm not scared of 'big pharma' and I don't believe in the conspiracy theories around it. Yes, that's right, I'm a parrot or a sheep regurgitating data from official controlled scientific studies, if that's what that makes me to use real evidence and data, then sure, I am.

The rest of your argument, no idea what you're even talking about with the whole uneducated ostrich spiel, strange couple of sentences that I'll just ignore. you also didn't hurt my pride and I'm all for people finding alternative treatments - as useful as I think finasteride is for us, I also would like something improved for us to use, something more effective that has no systemic activity, I'm not a finasteride fanboy, just someone who see's it for what it is: a safe drug that can have side effects in some like any other. The best we have for now (that is an officially approved drug with real data at least).

to be honest, you have no substance to your argument. You make lots of claims and cannot provide any real data or evidence apart from anecdotes of depressed users of online hairloss forums who do not represent the general population. I wish you luck anyway, and hopefully a long lasting head of hair, regardless of what you believe.
LOL. There are so many studies that prove how bad Finasteride is. Fortunately this isn't 2012 when barely any "true" independent studies were done on it.

1780po

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL. There are so many studies that prove how bad Finasteride is. Fortunately this isn't 2012 when barely any "true" independent studies were done on it.
Ok my friend, great input. Good luck with whatever alternatives you're using if it's not the medication for you either way