Another young mop decides to start falling out.

Balmer89

Reaction score
So I'm 21 and I'm going bald. As expected I'm pretty miserable about my predicament. I first noticed it when I got out the shower and was combing my hair back before drying it. My temples looked really high. At first I was in denial since there are no balding men in my family then the reality slowly started to sink in. My father has a Norwood 2 but his temples are thick and lets be honest, men at 50 without male pattern baldness usually have a little natural regression. I shouldn't have that yet. I've even done the hair comparison test at the temples and under strong lighting it's pretty obvious how much more sparse those areas are. Right now I'd put myself at a NW2 with thinning behind the temples, it's a lot harder to see if the crown is also thinning since my hair is long but I'd imagine it is too.
Also my head itches along the front, at and behind the temples and right at the crown.

Got 2% shampoo from the doctor since I told her my scalp itches, she seemed far more interested in my facial acne though (which is like 5 spots at best with some red marks) and ended up giving me antibiotics for that despite the fact I literally couldn't care about bloody acne. Acne eventually goes away, being bald does not. She didn't have much of an opinion about my hair despite the fact that's the reason I went.

Got propecia online from a pharmacy. Thinking of getting started on it. The only side effect that bothers me is brain fog since I need my sharpness for my degree, so I'm hoping I won't have to deal with that.

Looking into the big 3, already have 2/3 in my inventory! Going to start immediately. My only question is really how long can I put up this fight? How long before nature just says f*** it and the meds eventually stop working? My confidence would really take a beating if I was to go completely bald as I already have social anxiety and low esteem as it is (first world problems eh?), so I'm quite worried.

Also - awesome website, been browsing it for the past few weeks. I mean it's dreadful any person on the planet needs to experience this and end up here, but since this damn curse does exist, I'm glad there is at least a place to vent.