Another Shedding question for serious shedders

Redbone

Reaction score
When you go through a shed and the hair that is shed leaves a thin spot does that hair grow back in 2-3 months as Kevin states in his article on shedding?

I recently shed some hair at the front of my scalp that left a nice hole in my hairline, the shed lasted about 1.5 to 2mo and really did quite a bit of damage. I am hopping I can expect this hair to come back as I can still see follicle holes and not smooth skin.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Redbone said:
When you go through a shed and the hair that is shed leaves a thin spot does that hair grow back in 2-3 months as Kevin states in his article on shedding?

I recently shed some hair at the front of my scalp that left a nice hole in my hairline, the shed lasted about 1.5 to 2mo and really did quite a bit of damage. I am hopping I can expect this hair to come back as I can still see follicle holes and not smooth skin.

Hair is Supposed to come back after a shed. And it's supposed to come back thicker and fuller. Not to set you into freak mode or anything - but there are always those 1 or 2 instances where users claim that their hair didn't regrow after a shed. Hopefully thats not the case here. But I'd imagine that people shed uniquely - just like how some things work for some and don't for others.

But yes, typically anyway, sheds are a PITA - but they're actually good signs of better things to come. Hang tough.

williteverend

Reaction score
yeah, when i went through my first large minoxidil shed, i shed a lot on the top of my head and there was a patch that no matter how i combed my hair i could see, it got smaller and smaller by the day, and now its gone, sheds are our friends.

Redbone

Reaction score
I just hope it is a shed and reaction from the new meds I started Concerta for ADD and Lexapro for Anxiety. Both medicins have helped me out quite a bit but about 6 weeks after I started the meds my hair started shedding like crazy. When I used to apply minoxidil I got very little hair on the applicator, but now I see like 20-30 hairs on the Spencer Forest applicator.

My Psych said as did Dr. Lee that those medications should not cause hairloss but I have heard different. The package insert on the Concerta even says "may cause hairloss"

Is it better to be mentally sound and bald or a hyper nut job with hair?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Redbone said:
Is it better to be mentally sound and bald or a hyper nut job with hair?

I'd go w/ the mentally sound :)