Another Rogaine foam shed thread

jwilson02

Reaction score
Okay for those of you that shed with the foam id like to know how long it lasted, did it grow back, or was it a shed that left little *** velous hair that eventually fell out and never came back...

Im aware that a shed occurs with any treament most of the time. If been on for 7 days and ive already seen a shed that in my estimate is a year/year and half of normal balding...mainly in the temples.

I am feeling the area where i have shed and it is completely slick..lightest peach fuzz ever, did that happen to you guys? I expected hair to fall out and come back a little darker, not lighter.

mehtaesq1

Reaction score
foam shed

Go back to the liquid, quit the foam. I have been on the liquid 5% for 4.5 years. I am 35 years old. Doing ok with the liquid. I would go through periodic sheds during certain seasons but I would rate the liquid satisfactory-. I ordered the foam in mid-October 2006 thinking it would be more convenient to use and maybe even grow more hair than I had. Have been faithfully using it and I am devastated as to what this stuff did to my hair in 6 months. I have lost so much hair and continue to lose hair. I would say that I lost 1/2 the hair on my scalp. I have used it according to the instructions and video on their website. I am switching back to the liquid hoping to gain back whatever I can. With gel and a hair dryer, my hair looked ok in October-I guess I should have been satisfied with what I had. After 6 months of the foam, I am praying to get back to where I was in October 2006. (Don't know what you got, til its gone) The foam was a total joke. If you are on the liquid and doing ok with it (not great-just ok) do not switch to the foam, just deal with the itching.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The foam is great, the signs of regrowth that I am seeing on my temples and hairline are amazing, I had a pretty big shed from it too initially but it will be well worth it in a few months.