Another newbie in town, need some help, reassurance....

GoingBald

Reaction score
So,
I'm 22, supposed to be in the prime of my life, yet have serious receeding on my hairline. I have an appointment with the dermatologist on Friday, but it looks like I'll probably try the big 3 along with Folligen. I'd be content if I could keep the hair I have now for another 4-5 years, but would welcome any and all regrowth. So can I really expect to make any progress in the front? Also, I've read that propencia originally leads to some shedding. The problem is that I don't want to shed, I want to keep my hair. So what's the story with that? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Mike

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
That's what I like to see, one noob helping another.

GoingBald, we all want to "keep what we have and maybe regrow some". That's the universal calling card here.

To answer your questions quickly:

-Will you regrow in the front? Maybe, time will tell.
-Will you shed on propecia? Maybe, time will tell.
-Will you shed on Minoxidil? Maybe, time will tell.

Point is, everybody reacts differently. And the best piece of advice I can offer is for you to be patient and do your homework. Learn everything there is to know about the various treatments and the possible side effects. Then make a decision about what you think is right for you.

Make a commitment to that decision for at least a year, fine tuning little things as you go but not the core treatments.

Read everything. Be patient. Make a commitment.

Good luck.

jerry grant

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoingBald said:
Also, I've read that propencia originally leads to some shedding. The problem is that I don't want to shed, I want to keep my hair. So what's the story with that?
Its common. The hair shedded grows back. So ask yourself this:

do you want more hair for now enough to sacrifice it for the rest of your life
or
do you want more hair for the rest of your life enough to sacrifice it for now

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haste when I hit quote instead of edit and dont notice