Another New Hairloss Treatement For Mice Found

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you guys talk about future treatments IF we can't even come to terms in defining what hairloss is?
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...air-to-fall-its-the-plant-or-the-soil.112907/
50% thinks that it's the hair follicule that is geneticly different...
33% think they are philosofers... They label my question as "badly formulated" but the F|_|ckers wont say why...

Anyway. Not even that!
It's just that 50% of people are right and the rest aren't

Any hair transplant surgeon will tell you that because it's what their entire business is based off of

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any hair transplant surgeon will tell you that because it's what their entire business is based off of

We have 2 arguments for both parties. "All hairs are equal" = AHE ; "Hairs are different"= HD

The AHE will say that the reason for Hair transplants to go wrong is because the problem lies on the Scalp itself, and not the hair.
The HD will say that the reason Hair transplants fail is because of shitty surgeons.

The HD defenders will invoke the successful transplants that lasted over a decade.

AHE counterattack by saying that It took time for the initial hair to Die, so it would take a similar amount of time to see such miniaturization, and that this Time frame will depend on the people's scalp... the more aggressive hairloss, will lose it shortly ... the people with less aggressive hairloss will keep it for a long time just like they kept their initial hair.

So these simple questions (why transplants sometimes fail? and other times are successful?) make room for years of arguing.

If we could all agree unilaterally on one of these, like we do agree that DHT is one of the Major players *BUT* not a major player, otherwise we would see Super results with finasteride and dutasteride...we see rather weak results to suggest that it's not dht alone.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have 2 arguments for both parties. "All hairs are equal" = AHE ; "Hairs are different"= HD

The AHE will say that the reason for Hair transplants to go wrong is because the problem lies on the Scalp itself, and not the hair.
The HD will say that the reason Hair transplants fail is because of shitty surgeons.

The HD defenders will invoke the successful transplants that lasted over a decade.

AHE counterattack by saying that It took time for the initial hair to Die, so it would take a similar amount of time to see such miniaturization, and that this Time frame will depend on the people's scalp... the more aggressive hairloss, will lose it shortly ... the people with less aggressive hairloss will keep it for a long time just like they kept their initial hair.

So these simple questions (why transplants sometimes fail? and other times are successful?) make room for years of arguing.

Honestly a lot of "failed" transplants are just people's original hair continuing to bald after having follicles transferred and they didn't think that through...or not enough grafts to begin with...I have never heard a dermatologist say the problem is with anything other than the follicle itself

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can I hear your explanation why you are in favor of the "hairs are different"?

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly a lot of "failed" transplants are just people's original hair continuing to bald after having follicles transferred and they didn't think that through...or not enough grafts to begin with...I have never heard a dermatologist say the problem is with anything other than the follicle itself

Sorry but you are wrong. Many cases where the transplanted hairs are the ones that fall, we see it specially in the hairline. It keeps receding after the transplant.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but you are wrong. Many cases where the transplanted hairs are the ones that fall.

Ok. There couldn't be any other explanation for that. I guess all the dermatologists and hair transplant surgeons are wrong too. Oh well, we tried. Have a nice day

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You never questioned why those same dermatologists recommend the patient to take finasteride? Let me guess, its to maintain the "geneticly different follicules" and not the transplanted ones.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. There couldn't be any other explanation for that. I guess all the dermatologists and hair transplant surgeons are wrong too. Oh well, we tried. Have a nice day
Nice day for you too

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Nostro100 @nohairnolife
that guy had a hair transplant 10 years ago when he was norwood 3A. Only frontal third was threated. You will also find results of 40-50 yo people who were literally slick bald before hair transplant, who have a great regrowth. That means the problem lies with the hair follicles. If you take follicles from the back (donor) the transplanted hairs will remain strong on the scalp. Even without anti androgen like this guy
1807311309130107.jpg

Last edited:

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Nostro100 @nohairnolife
that guy had a hair transplant 10 years ago when he was norwood 3A. Only frontal third was threated. You will also find 40-50 yo people who were literally slick bald before hair transplant still having a great regrowth. That me
View attachment 94631
You said that's you? Anterior pattern is hell. I didn't even get to try toppik

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You said that's you? Anterior pattern is hell. I didn't even get to try toppik
not thats not me there, but I also have anterior pattern(type A) , it sure looks like sh*t even in early stage but with long hairs you can still comb over. Positive thing is you rarely see receiding sides on this pattern and the thinning area is narrower on the top like the guy on the picture above who should be norwood 5A. my temple points are solid like a norwood 0. but My combover hides a secret : D

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not thats not me there, but I also have anterior pattern , it sures looks like sh*t even in early stage but with long hairs you can still comb over. Positive thing is you rarely see receiding sides on this pattern and the thinning area is narrower on the top(like the guy on the picture above). my temple points are solid like a norwood 0. but My combover hides a secret : D
I could barely keep a combforward for like a year before it became too obvious

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10491042

CONCLUSION:
It seems that the recipient site may have an influence on the transplanted hairs

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12269871
CONCLUSION:
These results strongly suggest that the recipient site affects some characteristics of transplanted hairs, such as their growth and survival rates

beware of what you copy/ paste; you mislead people . there is a difference between a leg and a frontal scalp.
STUDY 3:transplantation of occipital hair to frontal scalp > that's the one
There was no significant difference in the growth rate and shaft diameter between the transplanted hairs on the frontal scalp and the occipital hairs.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
beware of what you copy/ paste; you mislead people . there is a difference between a leg and a frontal scalp.
STUDY 3:transplantation of occipital hair to frontal scalp > that's the one
There was no significant difference in the growth rate and shaft diameter between the transplanted hairs on the frontal scalp and the occipital hairs.

So, in your opinion, the unsuccessful hair transplants are due to bad transplants (or the hair that was transplanted was also genetically programed to die)?

ThinningPatience

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, in your opinion, the unsuccessful hair transplants are due to bad transplants (or the hair that was transplanted was also genetically programed to die)?
IMO, it’s old hair that falls. I don’t know much about hair transplants, but what I have seen was Norwood [4,5] having follicles moved that are a fraction of what’s already there. I think transplanted hair keeps falling, but at a rate of what u consider normal. It’s old sensitive hair that makes the surgery seems useless. Won’t be surprised if the scalp had a role too, but I don’t think it’s primary.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's it then. The true hairloss cure is in hair cloning.