Another government violation of free speech:

CCS

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/_A6TfNe0Oa8

Ford prepared this commercial, showing off one of their new trucks and boasting that they did not need any bailout money. I guess in this competitive economy they will point out any facts that give them an advantage, and they know that half the population prefers to buy from independent companies that did not request loans. I don't know if GM or Christler paid theirs back yet.

Anyway, the government, lead by Obama, told Ford they could not air it. I think that is a violation of free speech. I still think Obama is better than the hateful republican candidates who are against gay marriage, sex, and anything fun. But I do think democrats should email Obama to back off on this one before it bites him later.

CCS

Reaction score
Anyone know which company it was that stole the windshield wiper invention?

Decades ago, someone showed the invention to one of the big three, and it was just stolen, and it took decades for them to win a law suit against them. I wonder if they asked too much in royalties or if the big company just thought it was better to rip off all inventors that could not fight in court.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how is not being bailed out a selling point? :dunno:

is the idea of national ownership still controversial, will the government's part ownership of chrystler be a "Communist" and therefore a "threat to your freedom"

especially with the uk being in debt i would be inclined to support (partly) government owned industries since their success determines the uk's ability to pay off it's debt
surely it should be the same in america