another foam-related question or two...

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
i just got this and used it for the first time....as this is the first time ive used minoxidil (ive been on finasteride 14 months or so), my questions are these:

1. how long should i "rub into the scalp" for? the foam didnt melt as quick as i was expecting, but it did disappear quickly when i applied it to my crown.

2. my plan in the mornings is to shower, PUT GEL in my hair, and apply the minoxidil after blow drying. is this ok?

3. im just applying on my crown (for now) - i have to ask though - how could this can last a whole month if you are applying it all over?

4. am i in the minority that kind of likes the smell??

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
1. how long should i "rub into the scalp" for? the foam didnt melt as quick as i was expecting, but it did disappear quickly when i applied it to my crown.
Rub until it's completely absorbed into the scalp

2. my plan in the mornings is to shower, but my crap in my hair, and apply the minoxidil after blow drying. is this ok?
It’s ok to blow dry before, but not after applying minoxidil. Blowing with a hairdryer on the scalp may make the treatment less effective.

3. im just applying on my crown (for now) - i have to ask though - how could this can last a whole month if you are applying it all over?
If you use more than the recommended dosage (half a capful) it will last less than a month.

4. am i in the minority that kind of likes the smell??
I don’t mind the smell. It smells kind of like shaving cream.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
whoops. fixed. :lol:

as for the previous posts...yes, i put the foam in AFTER i blow dry, not before. the gel i use is good stuff....$15 for a container....the first time someone used it in my hair, i couldnt believe the volume it gave me. i dont notice it now since ive been using it for over a year, but its still good stuff.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
what kind of gel do you use? I haven't seen any that gives excess volume and would be interested to try it out.

thanks.

CCS

Reaction score
I heard you use a cap full per application to last 30 days. How big is the cap?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
btp11 said:
ShedMaster said:
what kind of gel do you use? I haven't seen any that gives excess volume and would be interested to try it out.

thanks.

http://www.haircareusa.com/goldwell_sty ... Lagoom_Jam

first item. one container lasts 6 months or so.

cool I might have to check that out. I never used to use any hair products before I started loosing, and now I have like 100 things in my bathroom cabinet. its getting rediculous.

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I heard you use a cap full per application to last 30 days. How big is the cap?

If i understand well, it says on the bottle to use half a cap per application, so, i understand it as 1 cap per day