ANOTHER EXAMPLE

simplemindedgenius

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful info fifty. Somethin I'm still unclear about fifty, maybe you can help again.

Propcia stops the most of the 5-AR enzyme from working. I've read that someone who has almost NO 5-AR enzyme in their body will not bald, and I've read that someone with more of the enzyme will produce more dht, depending on how much tesosterone they have to supply the enzyme, will bald much more. SO....IF TEST is put into the body, dramatically increasing tesosterone levels, this should not have any effect on dht production (causing hair loss) because the steroids will not increase amounts of the 5-AR ENZYME(the reason dht is produced).

Basically, it's not how much testosterone is in ones body, but it's how much of the 5-AR enzyme (which converts the testosterone) there is on ones body which causes baldness.

I may be totally off but this is what I'm thinking right now from what I've read and understood.[/b]

Deaner

Reaction score
More importantly than all of this I think is the follicles pre-determined sensitivity to androgens. Someone with buttloads of DHT may never lose a single hair if their follicles aren't programmed to die as an auto-immune response to DHT, whereas someone with very little DHT and a very high follicle sensitivity will bald rapidly. This is what I've understood.

jeffsss

Reaction score
simplemindedgenius said:
Thanks for the helpful info fifty. Somethin I'm still unclear about fifty, maybe you can help again.

Propcia stops the most of the 5-AR enzyme from working. I've read that someone who has almost NO 5-AR enzyme in their body will not bald, and I've read that someone with more of the enzyme will produce more dht, depending on how much tesosterone they have to supply the enzyme, will bald much more. SO....IF TEST is put into the body, dramatically increasing tesosterone levels, this should not have any effect on dht production (causing hair loss) because the steroids will not increase amounts of the 5-AR ENZYME(the reason dht is produced).

Basically, it's not how much testosterone is in ones body, but it's how much of the 5-AR enzyme (which converts the testosterone) there is on ones body which causes baldness.

I may be totally off but this is what I'm thinking right now from what I've read and understood.[/b]

absolutly not.
I'm not a scientist or a doctor...

but i can tell you that if you use anabolic steroids including testosterone.. it will cause your hair to fall out.

no ifs ands or buts about it.