Another case of hypertrichosis due to Prostaglandin E2

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll chime in on this....

Dr. Cotsarelis has stated many times that PGD2 levels are increased but PGE2 levels are lowered in balding men. So... what to do?

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5H01HGaVI

1) Inhibit PGD2. Notice in the video above Dr. Cotsarelis mentions the possibility to inhibit PGD2 with 7 different known drugs that treat asthma and allergic rhinitis (both of which are inflammation!). He particularly mentions Doxycycline as an inhibitor.

2) Increase PGE2. Look into dinoprostone, a drug that contains PGE2. If used on the scalp, it could have some benefits. Look into it as its used of lady parts.

So basically we know we need to decrease PGD2, increase PGE2, decrease DHT. Another one was decreasing DKK1 but I don't remember potential known drugs that can decrease that.

It'd be interesting to see if someone we're willing to try a host of topicals and see what they could do.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
take this with a grain of salt, but i just did a 4 month period on doxycycline, (for rosacea) and i noticed no improvement with hair. pretty sure since its so widely used, we would know if it benefited hair.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
I'll chime in on this....

Dr. Cotsarelis has stated many times that PGD2 levels are increased but PGE2 levels are lowered in balding men. So... what to do?

Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5H01HGaVI

1) Inhibit PGD2. Notice in the video above Dr. Cotsarelis mentions the possibility to inhibit PGD2 with 7 different known drugs that treat asthma and allergic rhinitis (both of which are inflammation!). He particularly mentions Doxycycline as an inhibitor.

2) Increase PGE2. Look into dinoprostone, a drug that contains PGE2. If used on the scalp, it could have some benefits. Look into it as its used of lady parts.

So basically we know we need to decrease PGD2, increase PGE2, decrease DHT. Another one was decreasing DKK1 but I don't remember potential known drugs that can decrease that.

It'd be interesting to see if someone we're willing to try a host of topicals and see what they could do.

Doxycycline?? You sure? It is know for Doxycycline to cause shedding, hair loss. I've read some horror stories online.. I was on Doxycycline for 4 weeks for malaria, TBH- I wasnt paying lot of intention to my hair but I dont think it got any better.. or worse.