another advantage of rogaine foam - no more wrinkles

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been using Dr. Lee's minoxidil (5% with/without azelaic acid, xandrox 15) for the last two years.
For the last 3 weeks I stopped his products and have been using only rogaine foam.
My face had lot of wrinkles when I was on Lee's minoxidil. I thought that I was just getting old.

Just in 3 weeks of stopping his alcohol based minoxidil, the wrinkles in my face have reduced significantly.

Perhaps the alcohol content (50% .. 80%) in Lee's minoxidil is bad for the face.

Let me know if anyone else using rogaine foam observes the same.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I never noticed wrinkles, but the swelling and the dark circles seem to be less of an issue with the foam. I wonder why...

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the dark circles and swelling also.

Perhaps the alcohol is bad for the forehead?

This also makes me scared. It is possible that foam does not deliver the minoxidil. But the FDA studies show 85% responding with the foam (only 50% responded with rogaine solution).

UnReal27

Reaction score
Are you guys referring to dark circles / wrinkles around the eyes?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
unreal,
yes.

UnReal27

Reaction score
UnReal27 said:
Are you guys referring to dark circles / wrinkles around the eyes?
I was wondering about that, I never had dark lines below my eyes or little wrinkles right below. Never thought it might be the min. Hmm I'm definately gonna have to try this foam.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there's an increase of people responding with the foam?? Why is this? And where did you read this? I'm thinking about starting Dr.Lee's quck drying minoxidil soon because I've heard that minoxidil Foam is hard to applpy if you have a decent amount of hair. Anyone NW2ish using the foam??

JWM

Reaction score
But the FDA studies show 85% responding with the foam (only 50% responded with rogaine solution).

Whoah, whoah, whoah. When was this study done? Are you saying that the new 5% rogaine foam outperformed the old 5% solution by a 35% margin? Can you show me the link?

thanks

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM, I don't have the links. I vaguely remember studying in this or othersites. I will get back to you on this.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even know there was a Foam solution.

1) Has anyone here used the Foam for some time??

I have noticed wrinkles with the "Classic" Rogaine. The skin looks very dry and Im trying to find a cream to apply and combat this.

2) Does anybody know about a good cream to prevent aging of my skin?

I also have two more questions:

3) How is it possible to get wrinkles in our face if we apply minoxidil in our scalp?

4) And, can mixing Retin-A with minoxidil prevent wrinkles in our face?

Or at least tell me your toughts please, if you don't know the answers. :hairy:

Cheers!

powersam

Reaction score
thats quite a large difference in response. it also says on the website that you can wash your hair etc as long as you let the rogaine dry first. i don't know if i'd trust that but if it was true applying twice a day would become so much easier. this stuff really does sound like a genuine improvement.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed the adverse effects of minoxidil on my skin too. The weird thing is that whenever I booze it up hard on a given weekend, my face is glowing the next day. Really, this has happened on more than one occasion where I drink heavily (liqour and beer) for a night or two in a row and the next day my face looks clearer, skin smoother..etc. What effect does drinking have on hormones if any? Oh and my hair feels fuller too.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sams club and costco sell 4 months supply for 50$.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Tech... were these wrinkles under your eyes or on your face generally? And, were they noticable to others or only to you when you looked close?
Cheers

Felk

Reaction score
markelbentley said:
I noticed the adverse effects of minoxidil on my skin too. The weird thing is that whenever I booze it up hard on a given weekend, my face is glowing the next day. Really, this has happened on more than one occasion where I drink heavily (liqour and beer) for a night or two in a row and the next day my face looks clearer, skin smoother..etc. What effect does drinking have on hormones if any? Oh and my hair feels fuller too.

Thats bizarre, i get the same thing! No effect on my hair, though.

Its usually drinking the wine, though, that gives it for me.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
markelbentley said:

I've noticed the clearer skin to... might have something to do with drying it out or something.

When you say adverse effects do you mean wrinkles or pimples...or something else?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Skaff said:
Hey Tech... were these wrinkles under your eyes or on your face generally? And, were they noticable to others or only to you when you looked close?
Cheers
skaff,
I used to wrinkles in my forehead (just below my hairline, forehead and wrinkles under eyes).