Anecdotal Evidence For Regional Variation In Online Dating Difficulty

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My apologies, I thought you had. Though, you have to admit that you did, at least, reject it implicitly by declaring your intent to have children.

No, I admit nothing.

My intent to have children is my own, I'm not advocating for anybody else to have or not have children.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been in two minds about children.

Negatives:
-expensive
-less sleep
-less me time
-bad for the planet (global over population)

Positives:
-a deeper and more meaningful life
-higher chance of having a loving family life
-someone to love and watch grow
-someone to teach and guide

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am too old for you then :):(
Dr.-Who.gif

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Off topic: has anyone tried Melanotan 2 by any chance? Just curious on your experience with it if you have.

Just ordered 3 vials of the stuff, apparently you get tanned as f*** on this stuff, and with being half Irish my skin doesn't tan good in the sun.

Looking forward to some serious tan gains.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but your intent to have children (assuming you're not a hypocrite) implies that you do not believe that procreation is an intrinsically immoral activity. Your actions suggest that you believe it is either morally positive for people to have children, or, more likely, that procreation is morally-neutral or that the morality is dependant upon the individual's circumstances e.g. a women who couldn't provide for a child most probably shouldn't be having one, but a more affluent person should/could etc. My view, by contrast, is that ALL procreation is immoral. I'm talking about child-bearing in a (pseudo!) philosophical sense. The fact that you intend to procreate implicitly rejects my position (or else makes you a hypocrite).

Now that you've elaborated, I'll acknowledge that I do in fact believe your philosophy to be puerile nonsense.

What is most likely the case with you is that you've given up on life, and in order to justify your lack of will you are indulging in juvenile BS and projecting your own lack of choice onto others as being a moral failing.

You are thus mentally substituting feigned moral superiority in the place of your own failings as a human being.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Off topic: has anyone tried Melanotan 2 by any chance? Just curious on your experience with it if you have.

Just ordered 3 vials of the stuff, apparently you get tanned as f*** on this stuff, and with being half Irish my skin doesn't tan good in the sun.

I was looking into this stuff @shookwun has tried it. For now I'm trying astaxanthin+betacarotene, if it doesn't work I try mt2 aswell.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

I've been using tanning beds for 12mins per week and I have a nice little glow for winter.

I don't see a need for the chemicals

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using tanning beds for 12mins per week and I have a nice little glow for winter.

I don't see a need for the chemicals
Yes, because I'm guessing you're not skin type 1 on the Fitzpatrick scale. As skin type 1 you will never get tan no matter how much time you spend in tanning beds, you'll only get red and have a higher chance of skin cancer. No thanks.

Have seen some crazy results with melanotan 2.
TJ12R.jpg

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, because I'm guessing you're not skin type 1 on the Fitzpatrick scale. As skin type 1 you will never get tan no matter how much time you spend in tanning beds, you'll only get red and have a higher chance of skin cancer. No thanks.

TJ12R.jpg

Iv never been that dark as the guy in the picture. Damn.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

TJ12R.jpg
In fairness he does look better.

Unless you look Nordic then the pale look isn't so great on a man.

Baldhurts

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"We are warning people not to use this product. Don't be fooled into thinking that Melanotan offers a shortcut to a safer and more even tan. The safety of these products is unknown and they are unlicensed in the UK. The side effects could be extremely serious. If you have used either of these products do not use them again and if you have any concerns you should seek advice from your doctor."

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abo...ncer/sun-uv-and-cancer/fake-tan-and-melanotan

If you feel lucky, go ahead.

I'm sticking to my astaxanthin, studies have even shown that people prefer the 'orange' glow to the tan glow so yeah, I don't see the point of trying to replicate tanned skin from the sun.

Interesting

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"We are warning people not to use this product. Don't be fooled into thinking that Melanotan offers a shortcut to a safer and more even tan. The safety of these products is unknown and they are unlicensed in the UK. The side effects could be extremely serious. If you have used either of these products do not use them again and if you have any concerns you should seek advice from your doctor."

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abo...ncer/sun-uv-and-cancer/fake-tan-and-melanotan

If you feel lucky, go ahead.

I'm sticking to my astaxanthin, studies have even shown that people prefer the 'orange' glow to the tan glow so yeah, I don't see the point of trying to replicate tanned skin from the sun.
From what I've read it's people who f*** up the dosing who injure themselves on this. And this could be said about just about everything.
I would not think about using mt2 if I didn't need to, but I'm pale as hell, and get sunburned easily. A small dose of this might give me a long awaited tan, and protect me from burns and skin cancer.
It's true that it hasn't been tested properly, not sure why this hasn't happened yet as this is an old drug by now. But, there are alot of people who have tried it online, and from what I've seen no one has damaged themselves when not taking absurd doses.

I would recommend @Baldhurts to take low doses. Check out this link: http://moreplatesmoredates.com/melanotan-ii/

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
carrots.png

LOL.

http://tamarastjohn.com/can-you-turn-orange-from-juicing-carrots/

Juicing Carrots are very beneficial for Cancer due to the beta carotene properties, which carry a live electrical charge, and are cleansing to the liver. According to Dr. Norman Walker, “Raw Carrot juice is a natural solvent for ulcerous and cancerous conditions.”

Mostly all Cancer patients have a clogged liver and when you juice carrots, it will cleanse the liver and sometimes will discolor your skin a yellowish/orange tint. The reason that the carrots have this effect is not due to the beta carotene in the carrot, but that the liver is clogged and is getting a much needed cleansing.

I have seen a few people who turned orange from juicing carrots, although they were not enlisting proper detoxification for their liver during their healing process. Be thankful if you turn orange as this means that your body and liver is getting a much needed cleansing. The orange/yellow tint will dissipate eventually.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, after megadosing on beta-carotene for a year, I clearly look like that.

I think the reason they feed people this BS is because they don't want men to looksmax.

Same reason melatonan II has never been tested properly. They don't want you to have options.

@Dench57 Do you look like that kid too?

I posted that as a joke. I don't think it's an actual risk unless you're one of those morons who overdoses. It does seem like if your skin gets too orange, you have the option of just stopping.

I have my own hypothesis for why these things are not tested properly, we're already off-topic so ...

Looks-maxing supplements are not tested properly and neither is anything else in the supplement market. It's mostly a load of sh*t, meant to grow your hair, your muscles, to improve your boners, your concentration, your memory, your mood, your sleep and to ward off cancer, alzheimers, and heart disease.

Proper dosing studies, proper long-term follow-up, decent sample sizes, etc are all exceedingly rare or non-existent.

I think it's general BS all around and not related to looks-maxing or whatever. The industry likes this state of confusion, this way people buy everything. Pharmacies now have huge shelf space for supplements, it's mostly a scam.

But some stuff works, I wish it were researched properly.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted that as a joke. I don't think it's an actual risk unless you're one of those morons who overdoses. It does seem like if your skin gets too orange, you have the option of just stopping.

I have my own hypothesis for why these things are not tested properly, we're already off-topic so ...

Looks-maxing supplements are not tested properly and neither is anything else in the supplement market. It's mostly a load of sh*t, meant to grow your hair, your muscles, to improve your boners, your concentration, your memory, your mood, your sleep and to ward off cancer, alzheimers, and heart disease.

Proper dosing studies, proper long-term follow-up, decent sample sizes, etc are all exceedingly rare or non-existent.

I think it's general BS all around and not related to looks-maxing or whatever. The industry likes this state of confusion, this way people buy everything. Pharmacies now have huge shelf space for supplements, it's mostly a scam.

But some stuff works, I wish it were researched properly.
Are the benefits from that tanning pill long term or do you have to do it forever?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
You haven't read the book. You can't say my take on children doesn't make sense until you know what it is. The PDF I've linked you sets out most of my (well, Benetar's, but I agree with them) arguments. You can't say they don't make sense until you've read them.
This is a logical position, not a subjective one. There are a number of yet to be refuted arguments (not just opinions) which prove (provisionally) that procreation is morally wrong. A number of them are contained in that book which I've linked you. Read it. It's an interesting book and I think you'd enjoy it :)
DB

"I shall argue that coming into existence is always bad for those who come into existence"

I wonder if the author is bald

cliffs pls

could be an interesting discussion (if it's OK with David)