Andy Murray - thinning?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
The guy is obviously on finasteride/minoxidil.

I noticed he was thinning in his late teens but he has maintained that same head of hair for all of these years.

He has minor thinning in the crown and a bit of a receding hairline but he caught it early.

If he had just left it as it was 5 years ago then he would be on Agassi level by now.

His dad is bald.

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore I think there are many sportsmen on medication now. I would have expected Andres Iniesta to be completely bald by now but he has managed to keep a decent amount of hair. Same with Berbatov.

But then you have guys like Ljungberg who don't seem to give a damn.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
actually I thought Finasteride was a banned substance in the sporting world - it masks the presence of other drugs. I remember Rooney moaning that he wasn't allowed to take it or something

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Berbatov started receding in his mid-late 20s. It's not unlikely he just has a slow progressing male pattern baldness. Iniesta is getting worse every year for sure, he's thinning on the top a lot now. Not everyone goes completely bald at the first sign of hair loss.

InCider

Established Member
Reaction score
actually I thought Finasteride was a banned substance in the sporting world - it masks the presence of other drugs.

Finasteride was on the banned list but was approved around 2009.

I remember Rooney moaning that he wasn't allowed to take it or something

You're right - Rooney started using Finasteride as soon as the ban was lifted but wanted to use it earlier.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Berbatov started receding in his mid-late 20s. It's not unlikely he just has a slow progressing male pattern baldness. Iniesta is getting worse every year for sure, he's thinning on the top a lot now. Not everyone goes completely bald at the first sign of hair loss.

Iniesta has been losing hair since his early 20s and he still has a decent amount left. Bit great but enough to pull off a faux hawk.

Andy Murray began thinning in his late teens, he would have had more hair loss if it wasn't for treatment.

I have seen that if you start losing in late teens/early 20s then even 5 year later there will be a significant change to your hair.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

Exactly. I have been thinning since I was 20 or so... now I'm 30 but still not completely bald. It doesn't usually happen overnight.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
will be watching him closely in the final. Hope they do lots of overhead closeup shots

I guess he couldn't wear fibres/concealers because all the sweat would make them run off... wouldn't that be embarassing!

- - - Updated - - -

yep definitely thinning.

oh he won as well.... :bravo: