Androgenetic Alopecia prevalence by country: Searching for studies

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

an idea that came up the other day: Why not try data mining/"big data" to identify contributing factors that trigger and/or speed up Androgenetic Alopecia?

There are a lot of databases that gather various facts about populations in different countries. For example, there is the Global Dietary Database that gathers data about nutrition in most countries. There are various other large-panel studies about different topics such as sports, smoking and many more for most countries is well.

Hence the idea: Gathering all this data and performing data mining on it to deduce patterns for Androgenetic Alopecia risk and progression factors.

Now the problem is that I can't find studies that compare Androgenetic Alopecia rates across the globe at the same time.
I found the following:
- US Americans (in 1950 though so data might be wrong by now): Patterned loss of hair in man; types and incidence
- South Korea (2001): The prevalence and types of androgenetic alopecia in Korean men and women
- China (2008): Prevalence and types of androgenetic alopecia in Shanghai, China: a community-based study

I would like to gather as many studies of Androgenetic Alopecia prevalence in different countries as possible in this thread.

If we manage to get data for a lot of countries, I will gather all the data in some spreadsheets (and post them here for other people to use too). Most importantly though I'll try to correlate the data with dietary patterns from the Global Dietary Database and other databases other people suggest.

Does anyone know/find any studies that measure Androgenetic Alopecia prevalence in different countries?

Best would be a comparative study for many countries at the same time - unfortunately, the only one I found is not representative because it used photos people posted on online dating websites of themselves.

Any study of the incidence/prevalence in any country (or several at the same time) and any help in finding these would be much appreciated!

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice thought to do this. One caveat is that Native Americans and Siberians tend to never lose hair. This might mislead when looking at a country like Bolivia, Guatemala or Mexico. You might need to break it down to ethnic communities. One thing that is generally recognized is that countries close to the Mediterranean Sea have the highest baldness rates and then it radiates outwards. This means Semitic people, Arabs and Jews, and European folks tend to bald much more than pure blood Africans or Asians. We are mixing genes more these days so that is why I have to qualify because American blacks often do bald albeit less so than whites.
Nice! No wonder I started balding when puberty started for me! Lol

My genes are literally all-over from the medditeranean sea and asian countries. RIP

Its hard to battle against your genes. Mh

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I see it, if chronically high cardio, carbs or anxiety help you to get through life at the expense of your not terribly important scalp hair, then you'll probably pass such an inclination on to your offspring as a survival faculty.
Time will tell whether your son will require a similar lifestyle with a sadly concomitant hairline.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think for many of the Arab and Jewish guys that I have seen, only MtF HRT would even have a hope of helping. I truly feel sorry for folks that have such a heavy gene load. At least people need to start preparing their male children at puberty or celebrate maybe when the beard comes in because when we are young, we have no contemplation of time fading for our hair. As I always say about my hair and my ex, I wasn't done yet!
My sideburns and mustache started to grew when I was around 12/13 years old.

Fml, can't believe ADT/HRT is my only hope.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I continue, and here's the other thing. I have posted pics of everything going back to 2015 here: https://inpursuitoffeminity.blogspot.com/2020/04/more-filler.html

And you guys can look at me now and look at me three years ago and even if I went back for procreation reasons which is unlikely, look how I regenerated basically an entire human being so if I did go back to male, I would be far healthier and better looking for a while:

View attachment 156573View attachment 156574View attachment 156575

My part looks wide but that is from a failed transplant that derma-rolling has now saved from 1989. Just the front remains to fill in. I have no dead name and I look way better whether I present as male or female....

View attachment 156576
Oh my gad Janey! I would assume thats a cis-female in the last pic, you're craaaazy! How can a person change that much in appearence!?

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I am very happy for other people being happy with whatever identity they have, can you please not hijack threads and drive them completely away from their original topic? 18 replies so far and none about the actual topic of this thread: gathering data of Androgenetic Alopecia prevalence in different countries for data mining lifestyle patterns speeding up Androgenetic Alopecia.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I am very happy for other people being happy with whatever identity they have, can you please not hijack threads and drive them completely away from their original topic? 18 replies so far and none about the actual topic of this thread: gathering data of Androgenetic Alopecia prevalence in different countries for data mining lifestyle patterns speeding up Androgenetic Alopecia.
It's my fault because people follow me around everywhere and then they go wherever I am. I will try to steer them to my thread which is what I want anyway. Sorry and good luck.