Androgen Receptors / Reflex Hyperandrogenicity

FOWLER23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok as above! I have the dreaded itch , inflammation from taking Propecia on / off for 5 years.

I am now left with a balding head, with visible spots in my remaining hair, which I can tell you is a lot worse than a bald head.

Granted it’s not so bad 4 or 5 at any one time. Itch has subsided a fair bit, given my derm in the uk put me on 5 mg Isotretinoin per day.

Spots look a bit like folliculitus tbh. But after googling for a long time 2 years
I’ve discovered it’s defiantly related to Propecia. So - itch - inflammation!

Can anyone help, I am under a dermatologist- I am wondering about going to see a endocrinologist? And I am wondering about balancing my hormones as I believe there not balanced due to Propecia

Any advise is welcome ?:)

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not necessarily your hormones that are off balance. It is your receptors. Get a blood test to at least know one thing or two about what is going on. That being said, there is virtually no way for us to test androgen receptor sensitivity in quantifiable ways so it might not be too helpful.

Isotretinoin in low dose didnt worsen your hair? I was thinking of try it because the itch and oiliness from reflex hyperandrogenicity is unbearable. But I'm too afraid to pull the trigger because my hair is already extremely thin and a tretinoin indused diffusion will send me off the edge.

FOWLER23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for reply, what would you do if you where me?

Yes it did make my hair thin more I’d say, however am over it tbh I would like to just be able to shave my head without the irritation and itchy scalp !

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem of receptors does not have to be so complicated ... Come on man ... How is the "topic" of nanoparticles for androgenetic alopecia? Any ongoing clinical trial?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem of receptors does not have to be so complicated ... Come on man ... How is the "topic" of nanoparticles for androgenetic alopecia? Any ongoing clinical trial?
You woukd realize only how rude and ignorant your comment is when this hell happens to you.

Permanent RH not only raoe your hair at high gear, but also wipes out your hope by making every treatment option impossible, let alone the extreme physical PAIN that accompanies you for the rest of your life. If hairloss is worse than cancer, RH is the death sentence itself to your hair and life as a normal human being. Many of us have exhausted ourselves spending years trying tons of legal and illegal treatments just to feel normal again and yet nothing shakes it. How arrogant would one be to write it off with some random fancy nano particle that he saw on the internet and couldnt even remember the full name of?

For this I disliked your post. I believe op, @Ziggyz123 ,@Samson123 ,@buckthorn ,@Dench57 and a lot more would do the same.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You woukd realize only how rude and ignorant your comment is when this hell happens to you.

Permanent RH not only raoe your hair at high gear, but also wipes out your hope by making every treatment option impossible, let alone the extreme physical PAIN that accompanies you for the rest of your life. If hairloss is worse than cancer, RH is the death sentence itself to your hair and life as a normal human being. Many of us have exhausted ourselves spending years trying tons of legal and illegal treatments just to feel normal again and yet nothing shakes it. How arrogant would one be to write it off with some random fancy nano particle that he saw on the internet and couldnt even remember the full name of?

For this I disliked your post. I believe op, @Ziggyz123 ,@Samson123 ,@buckthorn ,@Dench57 and a lot more would do the same.
I just asked if there was any clinical trial to study the blockade of androgenetic receptors with any nanoparticle ... nothing more. I'm sorry if you've been offended.
Then you agree that Finasteride and Minoxidil are prehistoric treatments and you need new alternatives to treat hair loss more effectively ... right?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just asked if there was any clinical trial to study the blockade of androgenetic receptors with any nanoparticle ... nothing more. I'm sorry if you've been offended.
Then you agree that Finasteride and Minoxidil are prehistoric treatments and you need new alternatives to treat hair loss more effectively ... right?
You can derail the conversasion in any possible way you want, but that dosen't take away the careless belittling gesture in your sentence, which is quite obvious to everyone imo. And come on you are just disliking me in defense of your hurt ego, which is fine it's just a number anyway.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey man,

Inflamation, itchy,rash.. looks like an allergic reaction to the medication

Get off for 2 weeks and look if the symptoms persists