"And then there was hair"

johnboy

Reaction score
Ive heard some things about when infected with male pattern baldness, notice I said infected, that is that I think of it as a disease. I am being very dramatic. But anyway, whats the deal with smoking cigarettes while losing your hair. Im sorry but it seems like since I have started this crusade while doing my research it seems like everything I read will hurt your chances of growing or maintaining hair. I personally think it is bullshit. All these free radicals caused by red meat or skin irritation due to products that are supposed to help regrow hair. The way I look at it is, before you started loosing your hair all the things that you did while living your life didnt affect your hair, why should they now. Or if now you are at the point where the gene kicked in and suddenly you are losing your hair and suddenly everything is sensitive to it, there is a causative agent that caused all this sensitivity and these personal health topics that talk about preventative treatments such as shampoos, moisturizers, dieting, etc.. dont have a real place because these werent the reasons you started losing, you started loosing by one factor, yes, the predispositioned gene that sais be gone with it. O.K. Here is some food for thought. The world sais that DHT is the cause for hair loss, and by 4 weeks finasteride decreases DHT levels by 66%. Thats pretty good. And dutasteride decreases DHT by 90% on a .5mg dose by 6 weeks. Lets take the best case scenario, Dutasteride, and leave a couple of weeks here and there for a buffer zone. dutasteride., by 2 months should stop hair loss and begin to grow new hair. I mean the cause of hair loss being DHT is almost being eliminated. Why havent we read it. Its been out for several years and there are people that have taken it that long. Dont get me wrong I have heard good things but on the knowledge that DHT is the leading cause of hairloss this sh*t should go through the roof. And I know that hairs go through cycles of dying and then regrowing so you could say by answering this that, " Well hairs that lay in the dormaint phase take a while to regenerate and that might take several months, so that is why you dont see the results as quick as you would like ." But I know that hair follicles go through 2, or 3 cycles a year, so 1 year should be plenty to boost into an anogen phase. I am a 21 year old male and my growth productivity in all aspects should be top notch. 90% , by 1 year should send me well on my way to a great cycle of hair growth. Comments.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a comment:

Paragraphs. Learn to use them. They are your friend.

circusrat

Reaction score
paragraphs... and

I agree with what you say about all these other things people say affect hair growth. Maybe it does in miniscule amounts but, seriously, if you've been on 'mostly' the same diet for the majority of your life then you can't really attribute hair loss to it.

It's genetics, pure and simple. Everything else is bored people on the internet fighting tooth and nail to fiind something, anything, that will help in their fight against this genetic ailment.

I'm guilty of it myself. 4 months ago I was suffering from severe depression (stress) because of an event in my life. When I get depressed it affects my diet - i can barely eat. I thought maybe what i was seeing, in terms of loss, was the effects of this unhealthy physical and mental state. I'm fine now, and I think I was just looking for a reason other than genetics.

Reaction score
Dht - though is not the sole cause for male pattern baldness. otherwise as u pointed out with dutasteride everyone should be able to regrow hair.