And So It Begins: The Familiar Finasteride Journey

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_3074.PNG IMG_2816.JPG IMG_3075.PNG IMG_3076.PNG Hi all,
New to the forum and just starting on the familiar journey of treating my hair loss. I'm 34 by the way and I think it's been a very gradual process, no shedding that I can think of. in this last year I have just noticed in certain areas it appears slightly thinner mainly on one side above the hair line and the crown.
On both sides of the family there is good hair, my dad has a widowers peak and my mums side have more less full heads of hair but grey hair.
This could explain why my hair loss is not aggressive.

I've done extensive research before starting which, I think, has really helped me separate fact from myth.

My hair loss is mild to moderate I would say.

Anyway I'm just starting on finasteride 1mg daily, as of today so I thought I'd share my journey with you all and give you monthly updates.
I'm well aware of very slim chance of side effects but that doesn't scare me.

Any advise or encouragement or general opinions would be appreciated and I'll keep you all updates as I go.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like a normal degree of hair loss for a guy in his mid thirties. still looks good. might stabilize even without meds. i would try just finasteride for a year or two and re evaluate. you may get some regrowth, but at the least you'll stop your loss because it doesn't look aggressive.

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys I will do. I'm hoping it will just thicken those areas up as there isnt hair loss as such just some thinning, and I'm quite happy with my mature hairline which hasn't moved since I was 21. I've also been using a hairmax comb for 2 months so not sure if that will make any difference at all.
Good excuse to watch half an hour of tv and laser my head though lol.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
stick to finasteride and nothing else (maybe add nizoral)

for 34 you are ok

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
stick to finasteride and nothing else (maybe add nizoral)

for 34 you are ok
Yeah I plan to add that as well. Have been using a laser comb for 2 months as well and notices a lot of new baby hairs on the hairline, all very interesting. I'm hoping I've caught this early enough that I can just thicken up what's slightly thinning. Especially the crown as a bald spot would pretty much means time to shave head.