An overview off saw palmetto sides!

pageidol

Reaction score
Hello, evening!

Ok so ive gotten into trouble after using sp and im trying to put together a recovery protocol to normalise.

Why ive created this thread is to acertain how common it is for men to experience sp sides and to suss out generally if most of this is temporary!

I've generally come to the conclusion that to get persistant issues after dropping sp youve got to be pretty unlucky!

From all the countless tales ive read over men encountering sides over sp, generally they dissapear after use is stopped!

Id say out of around 50 posts ive read, 95% of men no longer experience sides! However the other 5% seem to be royally ****ed!

I think im one of the unlucky ones. I havent bounced back yet! But i havent looked after myself either, its been quite traumatic!

Anyway im looking for peoples experience on this matter...

Have you taken sp and got sides and then bounced back after discontinuation or has it left you like that?

Thanks all

maxout777

Reaction score
I took SP for a month and a half, gave me pretty rough sides....brain fog, dry eyes, and all the sexual sides. Suffered for a good month and a half with minimal improvement, just lately in the past week I've discovered my brain fog lessening, dry eyes getting better, and finally waking up with morning wood (the kind that stays with you through using the bathroom that I used to think was annoying, now I'm glad to see it again) and sexual sides lessening a bit. I think it just generally takes time for most people. Heard from people who have have SP related issues for up to 4-5 months. So basically I can't speak for "persistent sides" being only a month and a week off, but I feel like mine are beginning to resolve themselves. Just a really slow process. I've found that for what it's worth, keeping my mind off it and off a bunch of supplements recommended from forums has helped the most. Plenty of sleep is key too. Best of luck to you, hope that you find success in getting better!

pageidol

Reaction score
I took SP for a month and a half, gave me pretty rough sides....brain fog, dry eyes, and all the sexual sides. Suffered for a good month and a half with minimal improvement, just lately in the past week I've discovered my brain fog lessening, dry eyes getting better, and finally waking up with morning wood (the kind that stays with you through using the bathroom that I used to think was annoying, now I'm glad to see it again) and sexual sides lessening a bit. I think it just generally takes time for most people. Heard from people who have have SP related issues for up to 4-5 months. So basically I can't speak for "persistent sides" being only a month and a week off, but I feel like mine are beginning to resolve themselves. Just a really slow process. I've found that for what it's worth, keeping my mind off it and off a bunch of supplements recommended from forums has helped the most. Plenty of sleep is key too. Best of luck to you, hope that you find success in getting better!

Nice one mate, thats the kind of thing i want to hear. Keep me posted though dude

- - - Updated - - -

anyonr else outhere with a saw palmetto experience?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I took it for like 6 months a while ago. No sides at all.

I took miniscule amounts of finasteride for a month and got sides. SP is a tremendously weak 5-AR inhibitor.

maxout777

Reaction score

I took miniscule amounts of finasteride for a month and got sides. SP is a tremendously weak 5-AR inhibitor.

Agreed, I don't think it's very strong either - my issues arose from more of a testosterone "crash" while on the supplement, as evidenced by my bloodwork. I got my test levels cut by about 30% from before using it (of course this was a couple months before, I had it tested for a completely different reason), and they are just now starting to rise back. I think any kind of 5-AR inhibition is just bad news for my body, so I will be avoiding finasteride.

In other news, pageidol I told you I'd keep you updated on my "recovery", I almost felt back to normal yesterday, and down a little bit again today, but yesterday was the first time I thought, "wow, I'm back" - two months after dropping it. The fluctuation of feeling good, feeling bad, then feeling good again, until you feel normal was eerily similar to some people's finasteride experience. So I'm hoping I'm getting close to out of the woods with this whole fiasco. Definite eye opener.

GeorgeNatur

Reaction score

If you have side effect from Fina,
that is why,
you have hairloss from high Oestrone and not from high DHT.

That means your hair is also Oily.
Oily hair comes if you have high Oestrogen.

The best therapy for that is Grapeseed oil.
For good quality from Now.
One tablespoon every second day is ok.

jason2045

Reaction score
side effect treatment 100 %

Hello, evening!

Ok so ive gotten into trouble after using sp and im trying to put together a recovery protocol to normalise.

Why ive created this thread is to acertain how common it is for men to experience sp sides and to suss out generally if most of this is temporary!

I've generally come to the conclusion that to get persistant issues after dropping sp youve got to be pretty unlucky!

From all the countless tales ive read over men encountering sides over sp, generally they dissapear after use is stopped!

Id say out of around 50 posts ive read, 95% of men no longer experience sides! However the other 5% seem to be royally ****ed!

I think im one of the unlucky ones. I havent bounced back yet! But i havent looked after myself either, its been quite traumatic!

Anyway im looking for peoples experience on this matter...

Have you taken sp and got sides and then bounced back after discontinuation or has it left you like that?

Thanks all

I tottaly recovered after serious side effect from finasteride with MUCUNA PRURIENS

https://examine.com/supplements/mucuna-pruriens/

hope it will help everyone like it did for me

i really have massive libido, and big amount of sperm on ejaculation

i had finasteride for 1 month and i notice side effect like no libido, no sexual appetite and i could not speak felt fog in front of my frontal bone and very big depression, and im all fine now

Jackiddyjack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello PaigeIdol. I have been following your forums the past few days. I am terrified i have an extremely similar story to you. I ordered a dht blocker off of amazon that contained saw palmetto. I didnt even pay attention to the saw palmetto i was more concerned with blocking dht to help slow hairloss. I researched propecia and avoided it due to warnings of long lasting side effects. Instead, i ended up with about as bad of a case of it as i can imagine! I took about one bottle over the course of maybe 5 weeks. I started to notice some slight sexual side effects. I stopped using. After i stopped, i felt great. I performed at a high level in all aspects of my life. Then i had a crash about 10 days ago. The best way i can describe it is a crash. I cannot feel my penis in the slightest. I am struggling to sleep at night. I wake up with no sensation in my penis at all. I have forced masturbation a few times but it is uncomfortable with nearly no positive sensation. I still have energy and can critically think just fine. I just literally cannot feel my penis. It is essentially shrunk and inside me. I live a very healthy lifestyle. I eat right. I stopped taking any supplements or vitamins and am going to focus on drinking water. I have a doctors appointment scheduled for friday. My family is encouraging me and persists that the effects will not last long. I wouldnt have even touched the f*****g bottle if i knew there was a 1% chance this could happen from that natural dht blocker. My hair isnt even bad i just wanted to keep it good before it got bad. I work out intensily 6 days a week. I hike, run, lift. I worry i am going to start deteriating my muscle. I feel i already notice a difference in muscle definition but it may be in my head as i am scared. I have been having suicidal thoughts. My penis is literally numb with no signs of improvement and these forums prove they do not go away. Please if you have a success story of getting better after extremely severe ED from saw palmetto, please contact me. Joefalcons@gmail.com

Louidoui91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m still partially screwed up nine years later from a saw palmetto extract I took. Anyone find a cure?

rotrichrich

Reaction score
2 years ago I took saw palmetto with beta sitosterol, probably overdosed them... Can't get back my libido, still experiencing no emotions and watery semen from time to time.

I tried so many things. Still, I can't accept it.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 years ago I took saw palmetto with beta sitosterol, probably overdosed them... Can't get back my libido, still experiencing no emotions and watery semen from time to time.

I tried so many things. Still, I can't accept it.

I am sorry for Saw Palmetto will not cause lingering issues 2yrs after taking it. You obviously have other issues.

Louidoui91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry for Saw Palmetto will not cause lingering issues 2yrs after taking it. You obviously have other issues.

Your the one with issues. There are many men experiencing persistent side affects from any 5ar inhibitor. Saw palmetto extracts have been proven to be overdosed and cause just as many issues as finasteride. Saw palmetto is banned in some countries around the world for a reason. Just because you haven’t experienced such side affects doesn’t mean anything. If you have nothing productive to add to this thread, get out

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your the one with issues. There are many men experiencing persistent side affects from any 5ar inhibitor. Saw palmetto extracts have been proven to be overdosed and cause just as many issues as finasteride. Saw palmetto is banned in some countries around the world for a reason. Just because you haven’t experienced such side affects doesn’t mean anything. If you have nothing productive to add to this thread, get out

Where is Saw Palmetto banned? Saw Palmetto does not cause long lasting side effects. It reduces DHT at the most, with high dosages, around 30% in vivo. If you have long lasting issues you have something else going on.

Louidoui91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is Saw Palmetto banned? Saw Palmetto does not cause long lasting side effects. It reduces DHT at the most, with high dosages, around 30% in vivo. If you have long lasting issues you have something else going on.

Denmark banned it a long time ago. I know of 6 people personally that I’ve talked to across the world who have affects years later, including myself. That’s off the top of my head. Google it and you’ll find tons more. Certain people have a genetic predisposition to 5ar inhibitors. It can set your whole hormonal balance off kilter, and for some people, their hormonal metabolic rate along with 5ar doesn’t go back to what it was before. Within 3 months of taking that herb, I had low test, high estrogen, and super high cortisol. All of which were normal before. I have pre saw palmetto values to compare. The numbers and symptoms don’t lie. Just because everyone isn’t affected the same way, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t cause long term issues for some men. You have zero evidence it doesn’t cause long term issues yet your debating with someone who has living proof of it. Myself, along with many others have lab results before and after saw palmetto that proves it affected our hormonal systems. And for most, restarting the hpta is proven unsuccessful.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Denmark banned it a long time ago. I know of 6 people personally that I’ve talked to across the world who have affects years later, including myself. That’s off the top of my head. Google it and you’ll find tons more. Certain people have a genetic predisposition to 5ar inhibitors. It can set your whole hormonal balance off kilter, and for some people, their hormonal metabolic rate along with 5ar doesn’t go back to what it was before. Within 3 months of taking that herb, I had low test, high estrogen, and super high cortisol. All of which were normal before. I have pre saw palmetto values to compare. The numbers and symptoms don’t lie. Just because everyone isn’t affected the same way, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t cause long term issues for some men. You have zero evidence it doesn’t cause long term issues yet your debating with someone who has living proof of it. Myself, along with many others have lab results before and after saw palmetto that proves it affected our hormonal systems. And for most, restarting the hpta is proven unsuccessful.

I just looked it up and Denmark did not ban it--they just removed it from the supplement market. It can still be prescribed--like many other countries.

There is no point in trying to convince you since you made your mind up. Good luck recovering from Saw Palmetto that you took two years ago...