An observation i've made

Cybergod

Reaction score
Normally when I shower I just use shampoo on it's own so my hair doesn't go greasy as quickly (my hairs quite long).

Whilst checking my progress earlier in the mirror under daylight, I could see a thin patch at the crown about the size of two fingers (this was also after wearing nanogen for the past 10 hours or so).

I then had a shower and used shampoo as well as conditioner for once as my hair was feeling really dry (I bleach my hair so it's never good having it be THAT dry). Once I got out and it dried, the thin patch had pretty much disappeared. This was in direct sunlight as well.

My hair looks and feels so much better after using conditioner without nanogen than using shampoo alone + nanogen. It's that much of an improvement I don't actually need to add the nanogen.

My theory is that as my hair is bleached blonde, the shampoo must dry it out to the point that light just passes straight through it. The conditioner probably moisturies the hair and adds body to it which is why it looks and feels better.

Have any of you made this observation as well? Or am I just stupid :woot:

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
I use conditioner but don't really notice much difference :(

What shampoo and conditioner do you use?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd say it usually has the opposite effect, conditioner usually makes the hair much softer and more fly away...

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
I'd say it usually has the opposite effect, conditioner usually makes the hair much softer and more fly away...
:agree: Yeah, I don't use conditioner for that very reason. Makes my hair harder to control.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Conditioner is awful stuff for the thinning hair brigade........!!
Even the so called 'thickening/volume' ones are lousy.

In fact even when my hair was thick/normal it used to be impossible to control after conditioner so I never used it.

Obsidian

Reaction score
When I had longer hair, I had to use conditioner as my hair would knot up so easily. Yeah now I notice it does make it thinner.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Funny thing you say that,my hair is extremely sensitive to wind and when I had longer hair[upto shoulder length],using a conditioner would make my hair an awful mess.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nobody with thin hair should use conditioner... Whenever that gorgeous busty creature who shampoos your hair in the salon offers you conditioner while thrusting her bosom into your face, JUST SAY NO!!

Cybergod

Reaction score
The reason I stopped using conditioner for a long timeages ago was because it made my hair look greasier and seem thinner (even before it started thinning).

Now because my hairs so dry (I guess bleaching/nizoral/straightening etccc takes it's toll), conditioner seems to give it some boost and body. I have a regime where I use shampoo+conditioner when i'm staying at home,and shampoo alone when going out. Seems to be working good so far and my hair doesn't seem as lifeless =).

I alternate shampoos, mainly between nizoral and loreal thickening shampoo. The conditioner I use is Loreal Full Restore.