An Extremely Interesting And Well Researched Thread About Hair Loss

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TL;DR: This guy has nuked his hormones already because he's transitioning to a woman, but has formed a theory that vitamin D supplementation will help the hair regrowth response. Ends up recommending microneedling, calcitriol, keto and Q10 as well as tackling the hormonal angle in some way (finasteride, AAs etc)

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
TL;DR: This guy has nuked his hormones already because he's transitioning to a woman, but has formed a theory that vitamin D supplementation will help the hair regrowth response. Ends up recommending microneedling, calcitriol, keto and Q10 as well as tackling the hormonal angle in some way (finasteride, AAs etc)

What's Q10?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score

Nuking the hormones doesn't always translate to hair regrowth and even stopping hair loss.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
VDR is plays a much smaller role in Androgenetic Alopecia than in AA. I stopped reading after he said Androgenetic Alopecia is your scalp trying to increase vitamin D lol. I just posted a study the other day showing that absence of hat use was correlated with a higher incidence of frontal hair loss in females with Androgenetic Alopecia. Calcipotriol is a cheap VDR agonist that you can try. I used it before, and it may have helped, but I can't be sure.

Sweuser

Reaction score
His theory ignores the fact that male pattern baldness is mostly suffered by males.

He explanes this with VDR to AR ratio.

His theory should be easy to confirm with the use of calcipotriole. But he has not been active with updates?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He explanes this with VDR to AR ratio.

His theory should be easy to confirm with the use of calcipotriole. But he has not been active with updates?

It needs a lot more than a testimonial from someone pumping themselves full of estrogen already to confirm this theory

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Want to " cure " to stop hair loss and may be some regrowth without side effects ? It have being here for a couple of decades :
Minoxidil plus tretinoin. ( every night, if you can't compound the lotion, get cream and apply it after the lotion )
Nizoral shampoo ( every day, leave it for at least 10 minutes, 30 if you can ) .

Period, I am a pharmacyst, treating my own hairloss since 1998 ( had 18 at that time ) . All the other stuff is complementary. Of course, Isotretinoin, Dutasteride, Finasteride works, but it will give you some degree of side effect . Worst case scenario, you can add finasteride topical to the mix .

And that is all , even if you cut your balls, you will no have more regrowth or stop the hair loss more than with the combo I mention. Use it every day, give it at least 6 month and you will see results.

I have tried it almost everything, from oral spironolacone plus oral minoxidil, dutasteride, etc. People that have being in the ohter forums for long time, know me.

The key is to keep a combo that will not give you side effects and give it forever.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Want to " cure " to stop hair loss and may be some regrowth without side effects ? It have being here for a couple of decades :
Minoxidil plus tretinoin. ( every night, if you can't compound the lotion, get cream and apply it after the lotion )
Nizoral shampoo ( every day, leave it for at least 10 minutes, 30 if you can ) .

Period, I am a pharmacyst, treating my own hairloss since 1998 ( had 18 at that time ) . All the other stuff is complementary. Of course, Isotretinoin, Dutasteride, Finasteride works, but it will give you some degree of side effect . Worst case scenario, you can add finasteride topical to the mix .

And that is all , even if you cut your balls, you will no have more regrowth or stop the hair loss more than with the combo I mention. Use it every day, give it at least 6 month and you will see results.

I have tried it almost everything, from oral spironolacone plus oral minoxidil, dutasteride, etc. People that have being in the ohter forums for long time, know me.

The key is to keep a combo that will not give you side effects and give it forever.

your regimen is crazy. Of course you cured yourself lol

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
The word early is key here and it's a good plan with 3 items. Would nizoral work at an AA in that regimen or it's becoming irrelevant if the combo works?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The word early is key here and it's a good plan with 3 items. Would nizoral work at an AA in that regimen or it's becoming irrelevant if the combo works?

No, Nizoral 2 % and use it in the right way ( leave it for at least 10 minutes, everyday, not using hair dry, not using another shampoo after that, or air conditioner ) is as important as the other too. As also tretinoin is another extremly important thing to add. Minoxidil, without tretinoin, it is a wasted time in many .

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, Nizoral 2 % and use it in the right way ( leave it for at least 10 minutes, everyday, not using hair dry, not using another shampoo after that, or air conditioner ) is as important as the other too. As also tretinoin is another extremly important thing to add. Minoxidil, without tretinoin, it is a wasted time in many .
What percentage on minoxidil and Tretinoin?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 % minoxidil and 0.05 % tretinoin. You can go lower on tretinoin , like 0.01 % if you have too sencitive skin and use to have irritation

I go 0.1% on Tretinoin having built resistance gradually. On the nizoral side I get the ointment on top of the shampoo. I don't have 30 minutes to spare with shampoo on my head and the cream can stay as long as I want.