Amplifica - New Hair Loss Company Gets 11.8 million Funding

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Amplifica Completes $11.8 Million Series A Financing to Enable Clinical Development of Lead Products to Treat Androgenic Alopecia​

SAN DIEGO, CA – Amplifica Holdings Group, Inc. (“Amplifica”), a privately-held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company announced it successfully closed an $11.8 million Series A Preferred Stock financing. The company intends to use the funds to advance the development of its proprietary compounds for the treatment of androgenic alopecia (hair loss) in both male and female patients.

“The investor participation in this financing round exceeded our Series A target, highlighting the unmet need in the marketplace for a solution to the challenge of hair loss, as well as the excitement for Amplifica’s novel approach and first-in-class therapies to address this problem,” remarked Frank Fazio, President and CEO. “Our team is acutely focused on advancing Amplifica’s clinical development program for its lead product candidates AMP-303 and AMP-506 with the expectation to initiate our first clinical program in fiscal year 2023.”

For the millions of people who suffer from androgenic alopecia, their normal hair growth cycle is shut down due to signaling changes that cause hair follicles to become dormant and unable to enter back into the growth phase. Importantly, in androgenic alopecia, the hair follicle stem cells remain intact. Based on novel discoveries and extensive pre-clinical data generated by Amplifica’s team, the company has identified propriety signaling molecules that stimulate dormant hair follicle stem cells and ultimately the active regrowth of hairs. Amplifica’s nature-inspired, scientific approach to hair loss has potential to finally yield solutions to a frustrating issue that affects approximately 50 million men and 30 million women in the U.S. according to the National Institutes of Health¹.

“Our research efforts to understand the biology of hair follicle stem cells and the mechanism of hair growth provide a strong foundation to advance the development of AMP-303 and AMP-506. We are also excited to advance other proprietary pipeline products that expand upon our research in hair biology,” commented Maksim Plikus PhD, the company’s Chief Scientific Officer and professor of Developmental and Cell Biology at the University of California, Irvine. “The opportunity to transition from early-stage research to a well-defined clinical development program represents a significant step forward for Amplifica.”

The Series A financing was facilitated by SternAegis Ventures, the private equity and venture capital division of Aegis Capital Corporation. SternAegis partners with entrepreneurs and early-stage companies to bring ideas to life, endeavoring to create brands with long-term investment value.

Main scientist and co-founder behind Amplifica is Maksim Plikus who was recently covered for his discovery of SCUBE3.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They are planning to start clinical trials in 2023. It is great news from my perspective.

What is your opinion?

Gonalgique

My Regimen
Reaction score
The molecule was discovered last July. They don't want to wast time. I think it's positive.
How long do you think clinical trial will last (at least 3 years) ?

ppma

Reaction score
They seem convinced that their molecule works. Let's see where this goes, surely they're rushing.

joely87

Reaction score
Having been on these websites for more than ten years I can tell you this will definitely work and won’t go the same way as the follwing

replicel
Folica
Shesido
Tsuji
Dr Nigham hair multiplication
Breezula
Dr Gho donor regeneration
Histogen
Folistem
Anogenic
Cb0301
Riken
Aderans
Prp
Acell
Trx2
Sonic the hedgehog cure
Pgd2
To name but a few

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having been on these websites for more than ten years I can tell you this will definitely work and won’t go the same way as the follwing

replicel
Folica
Shesido
Tsuji
Breezula
Histogen
Folistem
Anogenic
Cb0301
Riken
Aderans
Prp
Acell
Trx2
Sonic the hedgehog cure
Pgd2
To name but a few
irony?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's promsing but they have a lot of work to do. They cannot know much about safety or side effects yet.

And this only sounds like a way to bypass the DP cell damage. Not halt or reverse it. You might be in deep sh*t if you ever have to quit the treatments. Side effects, cost, etc.

Think of dyeing your hair to hide the graying. If you ever stop dyeing it, your hair color doesn't go back to the way it looked when you started dyeing it. The graying process was still ongoing while you were dyeing it.

Last edited:

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

replicel
Folica
Shesido
Tsuji
Breezula
Histogen
Folistem
Anogenic
Cb0301
Riken
Aderans
Prp
Acell
Trx2
Sonic the hedgehog cure
Pgd2
To name but a few
Dr Brotzu

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's promsing but they have a lot of work to do. They cannot know much about safety or side effects yet.

And this only sounds like a way to bypass the DP cell damage. Not halt or reverse it. You might be in deep sh*t if you ever have to quit the treatments. Side effects, cost, etc.

Think of dyeing your hair to hide the graying. If you ever stop dyeing it, your hair color doesn't go back to the way it looked when you started dyeing it. The graying process was still ongoing while you were dyeing it.
finasteride is also just halting DP cell damage. halting the damage in that case means suppressing some signals that cause deterioration and enabling others that cause proliferation and differentiation. by that regeneration and regrowth can also happen depending on how strong the signals are suppressed. in case of dutasteride this can be remarkable. it is not what it focuses on its that these kind of treatments always fail

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Amplifica Eyes Trial This Year 2023​

April 9, 2023

A new writeup which was featured on the UC Irvine News website titled "Huting for cures to hair loss" detailed the works of Dr. Maksim Plikus, a research scientist, and Dr. Natasha Mesinkovska, a dermatologist and research scientist. Dr. Plikus is well known for his work studying hairy moles which appear on human skin and for his co-founding of the biotech company Amplifica. Notably, the UCI article mentions that "Human trials on the company’s lead compound are expected to begin later this year." The company mentioned, of course, being Amplifica.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This sound like another Replicel type of company with very limited results. Hopefully I am wrong.

Gump

My Regimen
Reaction score
They are planning to start clinical trials in 2023. It is great news from my perspective.

What is your opinion?

Look back through this forum and you'll see countless examples of similar announcements. Eventually, someone will get something right, but I'm not holding my breath. Any new US company won't have their product available for 10+ years anyway. I like their aggressiveness but there hasn't been a single company from what I remember that has met their trial date goals.

Our best hope for a faster new product IMO is a serendipitous discovery with an already approved treatment/drug, or an international cloning/other treatment like Tsuji, since they have more accelerated clinical trials.