amount of hair lost from showering !

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
I lose over 100+ hairs per shower. Hands are covered after i lather shampoo in my head. Is this a sign of male pattern baldness? I tried looking online but can't really find answers for losing this much hair

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not normal. Go see doctor for blood tests.
Do you know what specific blood tests I should be getting? I only know of tsh, fsh, t3, t4, ferritin, and vitamin d. I come from an immigrant family which doesn't really believe in doctors so I don't really know sh*t about the doctors

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
pre hair L.jpeg

PRE HAIR LOSS^^^

20210930_174259.jpg

20210930_174142.jpg
20210930_174242.jpg

THE ABOVE 4 PICTURES TAKEN OCTOBER 1 2021

THE BELOW 4 TAKEN TODAY MARCH 28 2022

IMG-0096.JPG

IMG-0095.JPG

IMG-0097.JPG
IMG-0098.JPG

included this crown shot because I think it's going as well (?)

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG-0101.jpg

I just found this old picture from around 4-5 years ago. It seems the crown area got changed from slightly left side to the middle? And it's definitely more sparse and not as dense from what I can tell. Let me know what you guys think

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
maturing hairline, normal crown. definitely keep an eye on the hairline though and be ready to pull the trigger for meds in the future. family history??
family history consists of the guys losing hair later in life. No one has lost as early as me. Also I was already on finasteride for almost 2 years but I developed mild gyno so I've been off for about 7 months. Only on topical min rn

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe try RU or low dose oral min as finasteride alternatives. Or even something like fluridil as an alternative to RU if you are really sensitive to antiandrogens

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you have thick hair and a female hair line.

of course its normal to shed hundreds of hair follicles with the density of hair that you have

if your hair line is receding its because its maturing to a norwood 1.
you should let your hair recede to that point then hop back on finasteride
but finasteride will not stop the natural process of hair shedding

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have thick hair and a female hair line.

of course its normal to shed hundreds of hair follicles with the density of hair that you have

if your hair line is receding its because its maturing to a norwood 1.
you should let your hair recede to that point then hop back on finasteride
but finasteride will not stop the natural process of hair shedding
bro if I run my fingers through my hair I can get 50-70 hairs to fall out. You saying thats normal?

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro if I run my fingers through my hair I can get 50-70 hairs to fall out. You saying thats normal?
yes its normal and i doubt its 70 hairs falling out.
you have long hair and that gives the illusion that it is alot of hair on your hands but its not

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was 22 I used to have longer hair and I would clog my drain every shower. I didn’t start miniaturising till I was 30. Shedding means absolutely nothing. You’re hair is thick. Just observe over the next 6 months.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I shed 1 to 4 hairs after hairloss treatments. Before hairloss treatments up to 50 hairs. Shedding means alot shut up.

jil320

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was 22 I used to have longer hair and I would clog my drain every shower. I didn’t start miniaturising till I was 30. Shedding means absolutely nothing. You’re hair is thick. Just observe over the next 6 months.
I used to count the amount of hairs lost per shower too with a hair catcher. I've lost upwards of 200 hairs before.