Aminexil

ali777

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this product?

My cousin told me about it, she knows someone who is using it. I tried to find some information on it, but I haven't found much. It's supposed to thicken the hair, a bit like minoxidil.

Anyway, I found a cheap course of aminexil on ebay. I'm gonna try the initial intensive 6 weeks programme and if it works for me, then I can do the top-up applications later in the year.

It has the advantage (if it works) that it's applied only once a day and the gains last for long time. The recommended application for male pattern baldness is 2 courses a year. So, after 6 weeks of daily applications there is no need to worry about it for the next 6 months.

If you are interested read this link: http://www.hairloss-hair-loss.com/hairloss/aminexil.htm

It is also produced and sold by L'Oreal, I think a big company wouldn't put their name on a product that is completely useless.

PS: I think "growth stimulants" is the right category for this product? Or experimental treatments?

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
this looks really interesting..... i'm gonna give this a look in
$155 for 6 months

Anyone else on this??

ali777

Reaction score
I've got one for less than $50 on ebay. That's the only reason why I'm gonna give it a try. If it works, then I'm willing to pay $155. There are lots of sites that sell it for £75~$110, still expensive but £150 a year isn't too much to keep my hair.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as well- $ 155.00/ 6 months is not that bad, really.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I read on the skin biology website that it works well with copper peptides, and that's about all I've heard on the product.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd pay $155 if it worked but it sounds like a scam to me. Seems
like there would be a lot more coverage if it were legit.

ali777

Reaction score
I expect to get my order towards the end of the week. I'll start using it straight away. I don't expect any miracles, but I have used minoxidil and I know what to compare it with.

If there is something interesting happening to my hair, I'll post here.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't go into it expecting miracles... use it as your topical anti-fibrotic agent to keep TGF-b in check, in addition to the rest of your regimen. I'd probably add an internal as well... I'm going with 150mg of Taurine to mimic the L'Oreal patent. I guess Curcumin also inhibits TGF...

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose it could be classified as a growth stimulant as it inhibits TGF-b, the anagen terminator but I wouldn't rely on it as my only growth stimulant.

Established Member
Reaction score
Having a look on ebay now.

There's
Kerastase Aminexil, 42 vials at €105 ($140) link
and
L'oreal Expert Aminexil Advanced 42 x 6 ml @ €43 ($57) link

are these both the same product?

there's also:
Aminexil Shampoo, which got 2 good reviews at amazon

Aminexil Energy Spray

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't know they had an Aminexil Advanced. They all should contain the same molecule, PYRROLIDINIL DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE OXIDE... not sure about concentration in the different formulas. There's also Revivexil or however it's spelled.

The tech has been out for a while... I guess a patent just expired or something and that's why we're seeing a surge of products containing PYRROLIDINIL DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE OXIDE.

bighurt

Reaction score
seems like you should just save yourself the trouble and use Spectral DNC which contains Aminexil + Minoxidil + Procyandin + Adenosine + (i think) copper peptides and a bunch of other vitamins and crap

ethan

Reaction score
So you'd apply the Kerastase Aminexil after minoxidil yeah?

I really want to give it a go. I'd love for all over thickening.

ali777

Reaction score
ethan said:
So you'd apply the Kerastase Aminexil after minoxidil yeah?

I really want to give it a go. I'd love for all over thickening.

Was this question for me?

The thing is, I have stopped using minoxidil. I've been cutting it down for some time and I decided it's time to drop it completely. The main reasons are bloated face and dark circles. I actually think sometimes it's doing me more harm than good. I don't want to look tired all the time.

Anyway, after stopping minoxidil I realised that it was actually working for me. If you have seen Bryan's graphs about the hair count during and after minoxidil you probably know abut the sudden drop in the hair count right after stopping treatment. That's the stage I hit, and I'm not liking it.

My new regimen is going to be aminexil and nizoral. In other words, I can say that I'm back to my base and I can start all over again.

I have lots of miniaturised hairs in the frontal areas, if aminexil can give me a bit of volume, I'll be a happy customer.

ali777

Reaction score
bigd888 said:
hey, its been a month now...any results from aminexil so far??? What do you think of it?

I'm 2-3 days short of a month :)

I'll start with what I think about the application process. Basically, it comes in 6ml vials which is applied on a daily basis. The liquid has a very mild smell, it smells like alcohol/medicine and it dries very quickly. Compared to minoxidil, it's cleaner, ie it doesn't leave a trace of ppg on my scalp. In that aspect, it's better than minoxidil. No side effects for me neither.

About the results, I can't really make a comment, yet... I can tell you that my hair hasn't got any worse in the last one month :)... I don't know, there might be a slight improvement, or just a placebo effect in my mind.

My experience so far is positive, whether it's helping me is a different question.

ali777

Reaction score
ali777 said:
No side effects for me neither.

I'm going to revise this.... I've been applying Aminexil for about 40 days now. The treatment is supposed to last 42 days but I still have a few left because I skipped a day here and there. Anyway, in the last 10-15 days, I started feeling a bit light headed and I've been having a few headaches as well. I don't know if it is the alcohol in it or something else, but something is systematically absorbed into my blood stream and after 40 days of daily application I started feeling it more and more.

I know it is a side effect because I intentionally skipped a few days and I felt different.

I guess for a treatment that is supposed to last 42 days, having side effects free 30 days isn't bad going.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
im interested in using something different too

i just dropped minoxidil (4 days ago....no effect so far...hopefully it wont have any because i dont think it did much!)

Ali, u say its a 42 day course? but what happens after that? aren't you supposed to take it constantly like minoxidil or what is the recommendation exactly?

that specral DNC looks promising but extremely expensive, anyone know of any good reports from it?

ali777

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Ali, u say its a 42 day course? but what happens after that? aren't you supposed to take it constantly like minoxidil or what is the recommendation exactly?

Aminexil is supposed to fight the hardening effect DHT has on the follicles, ie it works by giving the follicles a boost thus thicken the hair. We know that DHT systematically attacks the hair follicles, but those guys in L'Oreal claim that applying Aminexil twice a year is enough to fight that process.

Read the link in my first post. That's all the info I have on the subject.