American crew vs. Folligen

bobo

Reaction score
Also, if I decide to go with American Crew, should I choose the serum or the spray? thanks

The Gardener

Reaction score
If you go for the American Crew, use the spray and NOT the serum.

As for your other very good question, I'll have to yield to others here who have experience with both.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I would have to say folligen is the better. My reason being is because the same company that makes folligen also makes tricomin which has been clinically proven to work for male pattern baldness. American crew has not been tested. The company that makes that makes tricomin claims that folligen should be better then tricomin because of the ingredients even though it is less expensive. I would imagine american crew is not nearly as messy as folligen and easier to use though. Folligen tends to get all over the place if you are not careful and kinda turns your scalp green if you have light colored hair.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Shed: I don't think Folligen is made by the same company as Tricomin/Graftcyte. (See patent link below.)

Dr. Pickart was involved with Procyte and development of copper peptides but he left that company many years ago and developed his own line of copper peptides (i.e., Folligen I think).

Both Tricomin and American Crew use the second generation of copper peptides that are supposed to better penetrate the scalp and provide better nutrients than the first generation of copper peptides.

My layman's guess, from all the reading I've done, is that American Crew would provide the type of copper you need for scalp health. They use the same copper complex as Tricomin (i.e., Triamino copper complex).

American Crew pays a royalty to Procyte/Graftcyte for the use of that second generation copper peptide patent.

Also, American Crew is a large reputable company that, I think, wouldn't put their name on something that was snake oil. They did their research and came up with a copper peptide solution with the help of Procyte. Their product should be fine IMHO.

This is just my layman's opinion but American Crew copper peptides should be good for scalp health. In fact, probably very good for scalp health.

http://www.folligen.com/folligentricomin.html