American Crew Shampoo

oni

Reaction score
The only one that does any good for hair growth is the revitalize leave on spray the shampoo and conditioner don't have nearly as much Cu Peptides in them and you don't leave them on for more than 10 mins so they are not that much good.

bobo

Reaction score
And viperfish, do you recommend any daily shampoos besides xenna 183? Possibly on the cheaper side.....

I already use nizoral and t-gel, I need a daily shampoo. I'm looking for a shampoo that might help stimulate growth or help stop shed. Something to compliment my nizoral and tgel.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bobo said:
I already use nizoral and t-gel, I need a daily shampoo.
Let's see, if you use Nizoral the recommended three days a week, and you also use T-gel, how many days does your week have that you still need a daily shampoo?

bobo

Reaction score
Well, since I take 2-3 showers a day, I need another shampoo. I don't want to use t-gel 10+ times a week. I want another shampoo that helps with my hairloss, complimenting my other shampoos.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, 2-3 showers a day, must be a full-time job. Why do you take so many showers?

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
i dunno why you guys hate the american crew shapoo
makes my scalp feel pretty good
althought it smells like 50 percent of total volume is perfume.

viperfish

Reaction score
Plain and simple it makes my hair look like sh*t. I ended up throwing more than half the bottle away because I disliked it so much. Did not do much for thickening and left my hair feeling greasy. I have heard many others say this too.

bobo

Reaction score
Viperfish, well then what do you recommend aside from xenna?

And the reason I take so many showers is that I take one in the morning to wake me up and get rid of bed head, I take one in the afternoon on days I workout, and I take one at night before bed because I like feeling clean before getting in bed.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using the American Crew Shampoo, Spray, and Conditioner.
I like them all 3 just fine.

I don't buy into all that mumbo jumbo about ginseng and newt's eye or whatever, but it makes my hair look good, in my opinion.

KrazyK

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Vive for men 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner as my daily shampoo. Makes my hair feel and and look thicker(some people hate it though). And I use Suave for men deep cleansing shampoo twice a week. I feel like t-gel and nizoral are too harsh and strong for my scalp and hair.

I would say try the revitalizing shampoo, things work differently for everyone. I think I'm going to buy it to see how it works on me.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
I use it, cause i get the whole package(shampoo,conditioner,spray) for only 10 bucks. Its really not too bad, i feel it hydrates my hair on the days i'm not using nizoral (which tends to dry your hair). The spray does take away itching and irritation. I've tried Folligen, which was too concentrated for me, and instead it started to cause even more irritation.
I am not the only person that experienced this, and it makes sense since Dr. Proctor claims folligen contains a higher concentration of CP than tricomin(the original CP product for scalp). If you read the back of American Crew it states that it uses the same patented CP Forumla by Procyte (the company that produces tricomin). Sooo i think it "may" be the same thing.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could always just dilute Folligen if it's too concentrated for you.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
The revitalizing shampoo is terrible.

However, the Crew moisturizing/conditioning shampoo is the best shampoo ive ever used, and ive tried them all.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
From reading these posts and others here over the past couple 'o months I've formulated the opinion that you have to bite the bullet and try several different shampoos to find out which works best for your hair. Many different hair styles, hair types, etc. means many different shampoos for each.