Amazing mostly Propecia only success before and after photos

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very Interesting website

"The fact is that in 1974 the researcher Imperato-McGinley described a group of genetically male children from the village of Salinas in the Dominican Republic who were deficient in the enzyme 5-alpha reductase. These male children had very low levels of DHT and throughout their life, their prostates remained small and they did not develop male pattern hair loss or acne........

The objective of the researchers was to find a drug that could block the 5-alpha reductase enzyme and mimic the abnormality found in these men"

Really?? Why would you want to mimic this abnormality?? Everyone knows these Dominican men had shrunken testicles and shrivelled up penis' due to 5AR deficiency...... ahhhh now I get it! Maybe Finasteride sufferers aren't full of sh*t after all!

Aside from that... some outstanding hair growth achieved in those pics... at what cost I'm not sure...

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
The older guys only used Propecia a few of the younger guys
did combo therapies.

JWM

Reaction score
Decent pics. Some with comb-overs. Curious how Dr. B only has his patients use Minoxidil once a day, AND suggests increasing the dose of finasteride when a patient is no longer responding to the standard dose.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First time I've actually seen success pics of people on low doses (1/4 tab) of Propecia, interesting. And even in the comb-overs you can tell the hair quality is greatly improved. Thanks for posting.

JWM

Reaction score
hairhoper said:
First time I've actually seen success pics of people on low doses (1/4 tab) of Propecia, interesting. And even in the comb-overs you can tell the hair quality is greatly improved. Thanks for posting.

I suspect that just might be a misprint; Dr. B is referring to a 1/4 tab of Proscar.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seeing those results really motivated me because i'm 22 and have been on finasteride 4 months and minoxidil 3 months and I am seeing okay results so far with so few months in. It motivated me because it says finasteride takes 1 year to really start working[preventing further hair loss and regrowing hair] but it already stopped my hair loss.

Second is the Myth/Fact where it says Myth: finasteride only works on the crown, Fact: finasteride can work any where on the scalp where there is hair.

Thanks for this thread bro.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this post belongs here even if it is not a one person personal account.

From Dr. Bernstein's website (most are Propecia only, some are Propecia plus Rogaine):

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical ... nasteride/

Not really good results on finasteride!! The most of these clients just use a comb over :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is too much expectant attitude.
Finasteride is not a wonder pill.

I don't see many nice results on finasteride, the most are really bad.

I think finasteride is a good drug to hold your status, not more.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really good results on finasteride!! The most of these clients just use a comb over :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is too much expectant attitude.
Finasteride is not a wonder pill.

I don't see many nice results on finasteride, the most are really bad.

I think finasteride is a good drug to hold your status, not more.

All the best results I've seen have been from minoxidil. Either with RU, dutasteride, or finasteride. I've seen great results with minoxidil alone also. What does that tell you? Minoxidil is king.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All the best results I've seen have been from minoxidil. Either with RU, dutasteride, or finasteride. I've seen great results with minoxidil alone also. What does that tell you? Minoxidil is king.

Inhibitors can't cause re-growth, only limit damage. The people who get regrowth on finasteride, dutasteride, etc is due to the increase in estrogen side effect.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil was by far the most usefull for my hairloss, reversed close to 80% of miniaturisation and restored me to a fullhead. But i don't trust the succsess so I started finasterid 4 months ago to have a synergetic effect with it.

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inhibitors can't cause re-growth, only limit damage. The people who get regrowth on finasteride, dutasteride, etc is due to the increase in estrogen side effect.
IMO if your hair is in a very thin state (not vellus), which seems to match to the most young guys it can make a huge difference if these hair are recovering and thicken up. This is possible with finasterid but minoxidil is helping to reach this goal.
If you dont have any hair in these areas i agree to your statement.

I am very happy that bernstein medical is sharing those before and after photos. I also agree that they're doing a lot of comb overs on the pictures but keep in mind that the thinkining is very recognizable.

If you're very bald with no thin hair these meds wont take any effect on these areas IMO.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again ,i see just comb over after pictures on the bernstein website.

Thats just fake:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

medications_patient-kmj.jpg

medications_patient-krv.jpg

medications_patient-ldi.jpg

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, are you blind ? BTW this is finasteride + Minoxidil what do you expect, that it wont ever work?

resu

Reaction score
http://www.hairestorationetwork.com/eve/163678-true-dorin-transplant-propecia.html

This is the best example of amazing regrowth from finasteride alone.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again ,i see just comb over after pictures on the bernstein website.

Thats just fake:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

medications_patient-kmj.jpg

medications_patient-krv.jpg

medications_patient-ldi.jpg

Sure they have combovers, but you can tell that they have some clear thickening and regrowth.

sutg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've have taking propecia for about 2 or 3 years.Both my younger brothers are bald but I still have my hair and I thank they are a little jealous.I take a generic pill every other day to cut down on the cost.
finar.png

Last edited: