Am I Wrong For Being Scared???

ChiBears85

Reaction score
Hi Im a 23yr old male who about 3 weeks ago started taking *GNC Saw Palmetto Standardized Extract 160mg* Twice a day.....

Everything was fine until I stumbled on this guy claiming how bad and dangerous SP can be http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=88124

Now I know everything on the internet is not true but this really freaked me out..

I also found another guy who even claims that SP shrunk his penis http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/i ... 55531.html

So should I stop taking this or am I just being overly cautious??

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd be very cautious if I were you, I've read plenty of stories on here about people suffering those sides from constant oral SP supplementation. There aren't any standard guidelines on safe dosage, unlike with finasteride.

I'm assuming you're taking SP because you want to avoid the sides from finasteride right?

Have you ever considered using a topical SP solution? Something like Revivogen or others? This would obviously be a lot safer.

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on GNC SP for a month and I had TERRIBLE sides. If I didn't stop as soon as I did I would have ended up like that.

Thank fully I had a 100% recovery within weeks and have been fine.

Some are okay with it, while it's poison to others like me.

Be VERY careful with this stuff !

ChiBears85

Reaction score
Primo said:
I'd be very cautious if I were you, I've read plenty of stories on here about people suffering those sides from constant oral SP supplementation. There aren't any standard guidelines on safe dosage, unlike with finasteride.

I'm assuming you're taking SP because you want to avoid the sides from finasteride right?

Have you ever considered using a topical SP solution? Something like Revivogen or others? This would obviously be a lot safer.
Yea thats why Im taking it because I read to many things about finasteride that I didnt like...

Ive been having a sore lower back and knees lately which is when I googled "Saw Palmetto Achy joints" and those are some of the results that came up..

Aside from asking a pharmacist or doctor there isnt a lot of clear cut answers on SP side effect just a lot of maybes and different people claiming problems and others refuting saying theyve been taking SP forever with NO PROBLEMS

ChiBears85

Reaction score
Rich78 said:
I was on GNC SP for a month and I had TERRIBLE sides. If I didn't stop as soon as I did I would have ended up like that.

Thank fully I had a 100% recovery within weeks and have been fine.

Some are okay with it, while it's poison to others like me.

Be VERY careful with this stuff !
what were all your side effects?

spstriken

Reaction score
ChiBears85 said:
Hi Im a 23yr old male who about 3 weeks ago started taking *GNC Saw Palmetto Standardized Extract 160mg* Twice a day.....

Everything was fine until I stumbled on this guy claiming how bad and dangerous SP can be http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=88124

Now I know everything on the internet is not true but this really freaked me out..

I also found another guy who even claims that SP shrunk his penis http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/i ... 55531.html

So should I stop taking this or am I just being overly cautious??

I am the guy on http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=88124
yes I am still suffering and living as a handicaped person. My career has ruined completely. I had dreams to move in my field ( was a Cisco Engineer) but due to braing fog, poor memory, artheritis etc and no energy I can not do any thing. Totally 180 degree changed. Anyway consider yourself lucky and throw the junk in the garbage. Whoever introduced this junk had no moral values, no regard to human health. thousand must have ruined their lives but there is no survey or awarness so they are just suffering in the dark.I have recieved donzens of emails from young boys who suffered very badly. I wish someone, just someone has cautioned me 18 months back. I am just trying to help people and I don't want anything in return. if someone is saved because of me this will be a great reward. People talk about ciggerrette or alcohol effects but these effects are nothing. you stop them and you are on your way in you life but these effects are nasty (I would say if not permanent but last for years and years)

Ende

Reaction score
Here's a working link to your thread

You obviously stressed your liver, since you got symptoms of failure, like pain and yellow skin. Have you considered TRT? It's a good chance that it'll improve your bone condition and depression, and by time the sexual function too.

spstriken

Reaction score
Enden said:
Here's a working link to your thread

You obviously stressed your liver, since you got symptoms of failure, like pain and yellow skin. Have you considered TRT? It's a good chance that it'll improve your bone condition and depression, and by time the sexual function too.
My liver is perfect. if TRT was the simple answer then propeciahelp.com has not been into operation since 2000. There would have been not member all would have gone home.
The reality is all members over there are looking for solutions. Some are have been suffering for the last 10 years. yes TEN years. Playing with your DHT is an unpardonable crime by Nature.

Ende

Reaction score
Tell me, how many people on that board has really, and I mean REALLY, comitted to TRT? Reasonable dosages, injection intervals, blood work and small adjustments? How many have experimented with DHT derivatives in addition, and again, REASONABLE dosages, BLOOD WORK and SMALL adjustments. Hell, finasteride and its sisters are able to screw up a whole chain of hormones, leaving your system totally imbalanced, WRECKED. Considered how difficult it's for narrowminded doctors to acknowledge the significance of ratios, and adjust the testosterone/estrogen ratio in hypogonadal, otherwhise healthy men, which haven't screwed with hormone ratios; we have a very difficult challenge.

TRT is all but an easy fix.

Btw, gels are more appropriate IMO, since they're known to increase the DHT level more than shots.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do we think it's a given if you get sides from SP, you'll get them from Propecia?